• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Don't think they are seriously targeting Marcelinho.

Raul and co know how important the next manager is. Their job may depend on it, too. We'll see how it goes with Freddie's staff. If he's allowed to form his own team after this week's games I doubt we go for anyone for some time.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Who really could the 12 be?

-Poch (ungettable)
-Rodgers (ungettable)
-Nuno (any good)
-Arteta (unknown could be Pep or Pardew)
-Vieira ( hasnt set world alight)
-Allegri ( proven in a one team league, english lacking)
-Ancelotti ( at Napoli, maybe past best?)
-Howe ( young, proven to a degree, but can he coach egos? Could be Moyes x2.
-Benitez (again uninspiring)
-marcelino (has been a manager for 20 years. Has managed all levels in Spain however has never been considered for Real or Barca? Why?)

Others could be Laurent Blanc who hasnt taken a manager job since PSG. Cant say I know what hes been doing but 3 years break? You have to wonder.

These guys from South America I would claim to know too much about but again. Why haven't they came to Europe sooner? They could be just starting out I haven't a clue about them however if they have been managing for 4-5 years or more you would have thought a move to Spain or Portugal may have came about.

scytheavatar

Established Member
If it's Marcelino the board can go and **** themselves, are we just hiring him because he's mates with Raul? Or are we just going for the cheapest option? Or both?

Marcelino took charge of Valencia when they were dumpster fire and did a great job at turning them around...... it's much harder to finish 4th with a team that once had Mustafi as a standout player than you think. Not clear to me why fans are complaining about him, sure he's in many ways a budget Simeone but ATM the club is not in the position to pick and choose. Someone like Marcelino is much more likely to get us a 4th place finish than Arteta would.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Marcelino took charge of Valencia when they were dumpster fire and did a great job at turning them around...... it's much harder to finish 4th with a team that once had Mustafi as a standout player than you think. Not clear to me why fans are complaining about him, sure he's in many ways a budget Simeone but ATM the club is not in the position to pick and choose. Someone like Marcelino is much more likely to get us a 4th place finish than Arteta would.

Valencia were never that bad for relegation. They are a relatively big club in Spain. They had a bad season or two but were always a better team than their position showed. It's like when Big Sam walked into Everton near relegation and in the end finished what 8th or 9th. He had them safe after about 6-7 games.

Marcelino has been a manager in Spain for 20 years. If he has some top level about him why are Barcelona or Madrid not calling. Seems very much Emery. That level 4th/5th/6th maybe the odd cup run level but to take over a so called top team that many think we are and challenge seems unlikely.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

-Poch (ungettable)
-Rodgers (ungettable)
-Nuno (any good)
-marcelino (has been a manager for 20 years. Has managed all levels in Spain however has never been considered for Real or Barca? Why?)

Others could be Laurent Blanc who hasnt taken a manager job since PSG. Cant say I know what hes been doing but 3 years break? You have to wonder.

These guys from South America I would claim to know too much about but again. Why haven't they came to Europe sooner? They could be just starting out I haven't a clue about them however if they have been managing for 4-5 years or more you would have thought a move to Spain or Portugal may have came about.

The first two aren't unattainable they're attainable if you pay the money.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Does he have a philosophy? Is he another chameleon bollocks?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It's not just the money. Its do they want to come. Everyone thinks it's just here Leicester there 15m we are taking Rodgers.

Oh and by the way heres another 60m we will take Pereria and Soyuncu too.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

-Poch (ungettable)
-Rodgers (ungettable)
-Nuno (any good)
Gio van Bronckhorst ticks alot of boxes... decent record, Arsenal link, potential Raul link from Barca & a free agent.

He is being linked to City & their sister clubs quite a bit at the mo... not sure if they signed him up to anything.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Gio van Bronckhorst ticks alot of boxes... decent record, Arsenal link, potential Raul link from Barca & a free agent.

He is being linked to City & their sister clubs quite a bit at the mo... not sure if they signed him up to anything.

Think he has an agreement with them. Something in background.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

It's not just the money. Its do they want to come. Everyone thinks it's just here Leicester there 15m we are taking Rodgers.

Oh and by the way heres another 60m we will take Pereria and Soyuncu too.
We should have signed Soyuncu but we bottled it as usual.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Not if he had been managed properly and had some half decent defensive partner and structure in place. Jonny Evans and him look solid why? Because they have Ndidi a tall quick physical shield and 2 full backs who can defend as well as attack.

Very rarely do you see them getting countered and 4 defenders on the half way line chasing back.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Arsenal has to adapt their whole ideas.

Wenger tried to play tiki taki football for years and teams bullied us of the park. He tried to have Denilson and co playing like Xavi.

Now we are trying all this playing out from the back and building from the back however none of our defenders are good enough for it. 0. Luiz is slow and ponderous when he gets the ball. Sokratis/Chambers and Bellerin and probably Tierney aren't quick enough to have their body position right to receive the ball and pass it in one movement.

Time to change trying to play beautiful football badly and playing ugly football effectively.

It's sad when you want defenders to be playmakers over being defenders.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Arsenal has to adapt their whole ideas.

Wenger tried to play tiki taki football for years and teams bullied us of the park. He tried to have Denilson and co playing like Xavi.

Now we are trying all this playing out from the back and building from the back however none of our defenders are good enough for it. 0. Luiz is slow and ponderous when he gets the ball. Sokratis/Chambers and Bellerin and probably Tierney aren't quick enough to have their body position right to receive the ball and pass it in one movement.

Time to change trying to play beautiful football badly and playing ugly football effectively.

It's sad when you want defenders to be playmakers over being defenders.

I kinda agree with your point, even though I don't think Luiz is slow for his size, and Bellerin & Tierney are fast enough imo.

But we should first be working on our fundamentals, and try to build a balanced squad.

Against Norwich we've played with 2 CF (nobody does it anymore at the higher level) + no wingers (when they're the most impactful player on offense in the modern game) + Özil (who isn't known for his athletic impact) + Guendouzi (I rate him highly, but he's still not there yet in term of athlecism) + Willock (who's still weak) + Xhaka (who is one of the most static CM in the league) + Chambers (who doesn't have the body type to play at RB)
And then on the bench we only have Torreira (who's a midget).

This is a recipe for a disaster to happen.
We're puting too much blame on our CBs, even though they've been terrible, the lack of physicality in the team doesn't help, at all.

We need more athleticism in the team ASAP. We're getting bullied by any PL midfield it's embarrassing.
Any above average athlete can cut through our midfield with breeze.

On average, if you look at Liverpool's team, they're 2 galaxies ahead in term of pure athleticism. Their players are faster and much stronger than ours the comparison is not even fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom