• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

WhiteArse

I was not impressed by Freddie`s tactical skills after the game against Norwich, but it`s far too early to write him off already we need to give him at least 2-3 games (if he stays that long) before we can make any conclusions. But please, dont compare Ljungberg to the Hobbit in Manchester.
more like Gollum.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Ljungberg was the hardest worker of the Invincibles and his presence was what that enabled Henry, Bergkamp and Pires to shine........
That's great. Hard work in your playing career doesn't instantly translate to success in your managerial career.
Even Freddie Ljungberg wouldn't pick Freddie Ljungberg for the Arsenal role in 2019..

Vanpayslip

Any upcoming manager that wants us to succeed will need to make us go through our moment of self realisation and dismantle the team bit by bit. Cause ATM our fans are deluded and naive if they think all you need to do to solve our problems is to play Pepe and Torreira. This is our worst squad in decades yet fans are delusional enough to think we have made progress in improving our squad.

The manager won’t dismantle the squad though. It isn’t up to the manager. Senior management might not want to sell if all players or might not be able to due to contracts.

Like I said, completely different situation between Ole and Freddie and completely different intentions between what Manchester United’s Board want and what Arsenal’s Board want. The team that Ole has is no relation to what SAF left. The team Arsenal have is more or less Wenger’s team with a couple of additions plus a youth player rota from a system he set up.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
All this Arsenal legend stuff is tiresome too. The only reason Freddie became an Arsenal legend was because Wenger refused to sign a better player than him for the RM position.

he was the weakest player among the invincibles, and nowhere near the other three attacking players (Henry, Bergkamp, Pires) in terms of talent, skill and performance.

I believe if we had a player of their caliber on the right instead of Freddie, we could have won the champions league.

Freddie owes us everything because we perhaps allowed him to play in a team that he didn’t deserve to play for, but we don’t owe him anything.

we must not be sentimental in choosing Emery’s successor. If we want an invincible member at the job then the only one worth considering is Vieira.

Fredrik played for Arsenal between 1998-2007, and was a starter for most of it...one of the greatest periods in our clubs great history, and Freddie definitely contributed his part in that...I can understand having doubts with Freddie as a manager, this is his first job really, but he was a brilliant little player for us...after losing Pires in 2002 we needed someone to step up, and step up Ljungberg did...without his run of form, you could argue we wouldn’t have won the double that year...he nearly scored in 3 FA Cup finals in a row, got a technical assist in 2003...played a huge part in us getting to our only Champions League final, by playing as a tactical central midfielder really well...and how many big games did he score in for us...he also played in a quality international team, look at the players that Sweden team had and Freddie was still one of, if not their best.

Freddie wasn’t some scrub we signed after putting an add on teletext, he was a quality big game player for The Arsenal...shocked any Arsenal fan would think otherwise.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Still in shock at his first ever lineup. Think I'm adopting a new zero tolerance approach to managers. #FreddieOut

Was such a horrible team, literally sucked the life out of me more than any Emery team selection had, as I was so positive up to kick off :lol:

Genuinely thought we would be seeing Pepe and one of Gabby/Saka/Nelson wide, then we got zero of that...even our legends can’t let the fans have nice thing these days!

We did play better at least, hoping for a better team on Thursday.

Manberg

Predator
Most of our other legends have had a terrible time at being manager. Adams, Henry, Merson, Campbell etc. All failing or have failed. Jury’s still out on Vieira.
Hoping Freddie bucks the trend.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Most of our other legends have had a terrible time at being manager. Adams, Henry, Merson, Campbell etc. All failing or have failed. Jury’s still out on Vieira.
Hoping Freddie bucks the trend.
History is littered with people who had a stellar playing career but never made it anywhere as managers. Not an easy career path..

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
It seems like he wasnt asked about his backroom staff. I guess it was more important to ask about something the guy who was sacked by Oldham didnt like.

I think he won’t be getting any unless they can’t get a manager for now. They said we’d hear about his backroom staff on Saturday latest Sunday but all they did was let him have Per, someone who can easily go back to his old job. It seems a bit pointless letting him get together a team of people when he might only have them for a few months/weeks and then he’ll go back to doing his old job where they’re not needed.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

I see a lot of potential there, would make sense so give him at least that season, if there's no remarkable option available, which to me, feels more like Poch, Rodgers or nothing - both pretty much out of the picture.

Very fortunate to get that chance in the first place, very unfortunate to get it in such a mess - whatever way you wanna put it..

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
on his involvement in potential January signings…
I’m going on a match by match time now so there’s nothing that I will get involved in. I think we have a very good squad but it’s up to the big bosses of the club in regards to what they want to do.

Doesn’t sound like they’ve told him he’s getting the rest of the season.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
on his involvement in potential January signings…
I’m going on a match by match time now so there’s nothing that I will get involved in. I think we have a very good squad but it’s up to the big bosses of the club in regards to what they want to do.

Doesn’t sound like they’ve told him he’s getting the rest of the season.
I dont think this is enough to judge that. You wouldnt want an interim manager to Splash money in january whomever it is. You should buy player that fit the vision of the club or if something great comes Up.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom