• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
If we were a well run club and were so blown away by a candidate like Arteta that we hired him over other established names we were looking at, I wouldn't mind.

But we know that this would be a cost saving measure.We won't go after a top manager because they would be too demanding of the board, and that's a damn shame.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
he's wanted the job for a long time, he cares about the club, and he is - potentially - a thoroughly modern manager in the making

if he's brave enough to take us on in our current state, then he deserves the gig

Keplaz

My worry is if Arteta's ready for Arsenal in it's current state. I think Freddy will be a top manager but this is a difficult environment for someone who's never managed. I don't know if Arteta is ready for the magnitude of this challenge.

There's a lot to fix. The players are not easy to manage. The team is low on confidence. The fan base is uneasy. The environment is toxic.

I would prefer someone modern but seasoned. No dinosaur but not a rookie. Arteta might have all the endorsements in the world but stepping up from being a two to a one is hard in the best of circumstances but c'est la vie. We will see.

Tony's nose

If they are going this way it's a hell of a risk, ballsy call...if it works they'll look great but if it doesn't.......he'll hath no fury like arsenal fans scorned. They better be ready to back him in the jan window because he's going to need it
We got no money ,,,,apparently

Joestlaachmkr

I have no faith in what The Telegraph, Daily Mail or whatever claims, last year they both stated that Enrique, Tuchel, Rodgers or Allegri was the favourites to succeed Wenger and they didn`t even mention Emery as a candidate until the week before he was appointed.

ScotsGooner89

I would have been all for getting Arteta 18 months ago as I felt a high risk/high reward strategy was worthwhile then. We are in genuine trouble now though, feel we need someone with experience to steady the sinking ship.

Even if Arteta is the second coming of guardiola, I’m not sure how he gets this squad playing any variation of that style of football successfully enough for this to look like a good appointment come the end of the season. I’m pretty certain the actual guardiola wouldn’t succeed with our squad in these circumstances.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

didn't people want this guy at Arsenal? why's he linked to Everton

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
he's wanted the job for a long time, he cares about the club, and he is - potentially - a thoroughly modern manager in the making

if he's brave enough to take us on in our current state, then he deserves the gig

Brave enough to take us on?

He's would be handed the keys to one of the biggest clubs in the world without ever having managed.

Course he'd take it.

Naught to do with bravery. Henry wasn't brave to take Monaco, Neville wasn't brave to take Valencia. It would be the opportunity of a lifetime, handed out on a silver platter.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Still to be convinced by the logic of saying that Ljungberg doesn't have the experience and then go and appoint Arteta.

I will back pretty much anyone we are currently linked with though if they come in regardless including Ljungberg. Mourinho is the only exception lol but thankfully he isn't available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom