• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
If ever there was a team crying out for an experienced manager that has a record to be respected by all, its now! Arteta would be a huge gamble and I don't think we're in a position to gamble.

Didn't we have an experienced manager like 3 weeks ago? It did not go too well, didn't it?

ChefMan21

Didn't we have an experienced manager like 3 weeks ago? It did not go too well, didn't it?
Therefore all experienced managers are the same as Emery? He was the wrong appointment - didn't work out - a bit like that girl or guy you dated that only lasted a short time and didn't end up in marriage.

I'm more likely to openly criticise and undercut an inexperienced manager than someone who has successfully managed another club.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The hilarious thing about Arteta is that it’s even riskier now than it was 18 months ago. You probably wave goodbye to our main attacking threat in Auba. Doesn’t even get the benefit of a Koscienly that can carry the defence.

Auba is probably gone unless we win the Europa. Next summer you have to sell him for as much as possible, bin Luiz to China for an inflated amount and get rid of other trash squad players. Then you reinvest in another youngish defender to pair with Saliba, a new CM and a new striker. You build from there. A young up an coming coach is probably best for that sort of rebuild.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I said experienced and respected by all. Also we are in a worse position now than when Emery joined so this appointment is even more important and not the time to gamble.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are

One who speaks English, and preferably one experienced at coming to this sort of situation and making sure we don't get dragged into a relegation battle.

giphy.gif

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Therefore all experienced managers are the same as Emery? He was the wrong appointment - didn't work out - a bit like that girl or guy you dated that only lasted a short time and didn't end up in marriage.

I'm more likely to openly criticise and undercut an inexperienced manager than someone who has successfully managed another club.

Therefore all INexperienced managers are the same ?

Your argument works both ways.. In the end it's always a matter of if you've got it and you are indeed as special as people say (Wenger, Pep, etc..), you're ready imo.

I think for the most part people are now against Arteta due to the path that led us there. If the board would not leave the impression of being absolutely clueless, many people would be more confident in Arteta.

Leeroy1979

Auba is probably gone unless we win the Europa. Next summer you have to sell him for as much as possible, bin Luiz to China for an inflated amount and get rid of other trash squad players. Then you reinvest in another youngish defender to pair with Saliba, a new CM and a new striker. You build from there. A young up an coming coach is probably best for that sort of rebuild.
I think auba will be gone in jan mate which is really **** but unfortunately necessary as it's the only way I can see us raising funds to restock areas in greater need. That said I read somewhere that real need to cut costs and they seem to be his main admirers

Leeroy1979

Therefore all INexperienced managers are the same ?

Your argument works both ways.. In the end it's always a matter of if you've got it and you are indeed as special as people say (Wenger, Pep, etc..), you're ready imo.

I think for the most part people are now against Arteta due to the path that led us there. If the board would not leave the impression of being absolutely clueless, many people would be more confident in Arteta.
Your right there...maybe arteta dies indeed have "it" both wenger and pep seem to think so. Remember all those Arsène who? Headlines all those years ago....all and sundry claimed an unknown professor lookalike from Japan was underwhelming, etc...he didn't do too badly now did he? Could lightning strike twice? I ****ing hope so lol

Leeroy1979

One who speaks English, and preferably one experienced at coming to this sort of situation and making sure we don't get dragged into a relegation battle.

giphy.gif
I would rather we all had a phone in vote to pick the side and make decisions like X factor rather than put allardyce in charge lol

Ewarwoowar

If ever there was ever a time to take a gamble and go left field it is now, this season is done, we are not looking close to steadying the ship to gain a consistency of any note to make a top 4, aint bothered for Europa for next season, in fact we could probably do with a break from the rigors of it 'n' what it entails for to help a smoother transition.

We would be looking for rebuild with youth anyways, youth are more malleable less rigid, easier to mold, this leads me to believe we need a younger coach who is not too far removed from the challenges of modern life, whom can envisage the pitfalls both on and off the pitch and be a guiding light in a time where there is so much distraction.

No elite defensive technician is going to produce wine out of water with our bunch anyways, we have to except the inevitable, we are not getting a smooth transition today whom ever we get in, there are a number of players from back to front who are done here which makes for easy transition very unlikely, have to hold our breath and take the plunge, be calm and collective and brave.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
If ever there was a team crying out for an experienced manager that has a record to be respected by all, its now! Arteta would be a huge gamble and I don't think we're in a position to gamble.

can someone please tell me who these experienced winning managers are that so many want - the ones who are currently available, would come here, speak good English and be affordable?

I haven't been able to find any myself

Leeroy1979

If ever there was ever a time to take a gamble and go left field it is now, this season is done, we are not looking close to steadying the ship to gain a consistency of any note to make a top 4, aint bothered for Europa for next season, in fact we could probably do with a break from the rigors of it 'n' what it entails for to help a smoother transition.

We would be looking for rebuild with youth anyways, youth are more malleable less rigid, easier to mold, this leads me to believe we need a younger coach who is not too far removed from the challenges of modern life, whom can envisage the pitfalls both on and off the pitch and be a guiding light in a time where there is so much distraction.

No elite defensive technician is going to produce wine out of water with our bunch anyways, we have to except the inevitable, we are not getting a smooth transition today whom ever we get in, there are a number of players from back to front who are done here which makes for easy transition very unlikely, have to hold our breath and take the plunge, be calm and collective and brave.
Also if arteta is as smart as pep and wenger thought he is then surely he'd bring an experienced number 2 with him?

Leeroy1979

Poch > Arteta > Pile of **** > Freddie
Agree. I just hope they have at least approached poch...even if it is for him to turn us down....before going after arteta. Exhaust the possibilities and move onto next target on list which would probably leave us with arteta as I think pitch is waiting on the psg job when touched buggers off to Bayern. Ole did us a favour with his mini resurgence as I was convinced poch would end up there

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'm more interested about mikel personality and approach on the players than tactics we really need guy who very strong in dressing room and training because honestly our players are soft and lack discipline

Leeroy1979

I'm more interested about mikel personality and approach on the players than tactics we really need guy who very strong in dressing room and training because honestly our players are soft and lack discipline
It's going to have to be a suck it and see approach on that as the only way we will find out for sure is if he's given the job. He talks a good game in that aspect from what I have read...I like the when it's time to work it's time to work attitude

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I actually think we might drift off even further.

Our squad is filled with overrated dross that are mentally weak. It pains me to see Sp**s playing free flowing football and smashing teams 5-0 with Mourinho in charge.
You guys forget there transfer windows most of players here won't be at Arsenal in next 5 years and if we keep making signings like we did last summer we'll always improve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom