• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Worrying that people still believe that last summer transfer window was a success. :rofl:
Yeah because Tierney Pepe Saliba Ceballos are bunch of clowns proven nothing before its not like Tierney won multiple trophies and he one of exciting fullbacks or Ceballos proven midfield or Saliba one of upcoming exciting young talented CB or pepe who you calling fraud just to act like troll. You are the only one in this forum trying to say that so i advise you to stop it.

say yes

forum master baiter
Little risk, our season over, seriously? This season is far from over, in case it has escaped you we need another 21 points to pretty much guarantee safety and right now I really dont see where they're coming from. I thought when Emery was appointed this wasn't the job for a rookie like Arteta and we're in a worse state now so it's even less the job for him now!!
There is 0% chance of us getting relegated, grow up.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Worrying that people still believe that last summer transfer window was a success. :rofl:

Honestly it’s too soon to tell. Big players take time to settle in to the PL.

It’s not just Pepe who hasn't started amazingly, Lo Celso at Sp**s has done nothing and Rodri has struggled badly as well at City while Cancelo has barely featured.

Last year people were calling Fabinho a flop at Christmas as Klopp barely played him. Now he’s the second best DM in the league.

With how intense the league is, as well as how high pressure it is, the adaptation period is probably longer now than it’s ever been.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Sp**s have the option to send Lo Celso back to Betis and not sign him permanently, right?

It’s a smart deal. We probably should have done the same for Pepe tbh.

Yeah because Tierney Pepe Saliba Ceballos are bunch of clowns proven nothing before its not like Tierney won multiple trophies and he one of exciting fullbacks or Ceballos proven midfield or Saliba one of upcoming exciting young talented CB or pepe who you calling fraud just to act like troll. You are the only one in this forum trying to say that so i advise you to stop it.

Pepe has been terrible, one of the worst player at the club. So has Ceballos and Luiz. Tierney my favorite has been decent but still adapting.

It was a bad window that didn't address any of our problems.

Leeroy1979

We are already playing catch up mate this squad overhaul will cost at least 300m do i see stan investing that much? No i don't!!
I can see that much being invested over a period of seasons but not in 1 go. We are not going to overhaul the squad in 1 window, we need to make some smart additions to enhance what we do have. As for playing catch up we have been doing that since Chelsea starting pumping millions in all those years ago. It's easy to say sell the lot of them but in reality we have a squad that a lot of prem teams would be envious of. They look like dross now because they are not being led

Honestly it’s too soon to tell. Big players take time to settle in to the PL.

It’s not just Pepe who hasn't started amazingly, Lo Celso at Sp**s has done nothing and Rodri has struggled badly as well at City while Cancelo has barely featured.

Last year people were calling Fabinho a flop at Christmas as Klopp barely played him. Now he’s the second best DM in the league.

With how intense the league is, as well as how high pressure it is, the adaptation period is probably longer now than it’s ever been.

Pepe was bad signing. Worst. But I'm also talking about Luiz and Ceballos who done nothing.

I only have high hopes for Tierney out of our last summer signings. Hopefully the others wont be here much longer!

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I've said this before - surround candidates like Vieira with the right people and things are more likely to be okay. Arteta appears to be seen as some sort of unicorn though, which is just setting up the club, players and fans for disappointment. I don't believe in miracles - I believe in graft and hard work.

Making assumptions again - you say you cannot infer anything on a new experienced man based on Emery's work as everyone stands for himself, which is correct, but also applies to INexperienced ones.
And as it stands there's still 0 knowledge in advance as to what the outcome for any manager, no matter whether proven or not, is to be seen.

If any, a less proven manager might showcase more hunger and hard work than those experienced solutions out there.

You are doing the reverse, you are saying Arteta isn't up for the task on his own. Nobody knows.

Adding great people around you to support you is obviously helping all the time. That's totally independent of what manager is to arrive.
You could see very good people coming with Arteta also, maybe even Alonso for a short period ..

Think it's unfair to judge Arteta in either direction. He might be a unicorn or a donkey, but it will take at the very least the rest of the season to see.

You can judge the board and management because we've seen them failing for a very long time.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'll say/ask it again, if the rumours are right about Simeone close to the sack & on the outer at A. Madrid, is it worth approaching him & giving him a shot from next year or sooner?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Pepe was bad signing. Worst. But I'm also talking about Luiz and Ceballos who done nothing.

I only have high hopes for Tierney out of our last summer signings. Hopefully the others wont be here much longer!

It’s barely four months into the season, it’s not realistic for them to hit the ground running straight away.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I'll say/ask it again, if the rumours are right about Simeone close to the sack & on the outer at A. Madrid, is it worth approaching him & giving him a shot from next year or sooner?

Can be good imo.Simeone has big character and proper mentality.Something that we really need.

Problem is his style of football.He will need to change whole defence to play his style.

Leeroy1979

Goal.com having an "exclusive" saying Kovac wants to become Arsenal coach - god help us all

Luckily they aren't very reliable.
Don't know an awful lot about him except that at some point Bayern decided he was the man to take them forward....how badly did he **** the pooch there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom