• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Don't know an awful lot about him except that at some point Bayern decided he was the man to take them forward....how badly did he **** the pooch there?

Never been a fan of him and even my friends here as die hard Bayern fans have wanted him out quite early.

Similarly to Emery you didn't see any kind of trademark style, just individual quality and problems with several players.
No charisma imo either - screams a few more years wasted.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Lol whoever comes in will need to change the defence to actually defend

I know,but point is that some other managers will try to be more offensive and to use our current strengths.Playing on goal more with Auba and others.

Simeone is more defensive manager and our defence needs to be very reliable under him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

That would be so bad.

Seems to be another Emery. But I'll play devils advocate here and say that I don't think the job he did at Bayern was as bad as people were making out. Still won the title and they seem worse off now that he's gone.

He certainly doesn't scream top manager in any case.

It’s barely four months into the season, it’s not realistic for them to hit the ground running straight away.

What are you talking about? Luiz has played in the league for years. Making one year loan deal without option to buy for Ceballos and want to give him time to adapt is just bad business also. Then I think we paid way to much for Pepe which you could already see in France that is not all that good player. Not a 72 M player. I think its bad business. Bad transfer window overall IMO. Just hope spending that much money on Pepe wont have bad influence on future windows. After all we don't have much money to be making constantly bad signings like past years!

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Can be good imo.Simeone has big character and proper mentality.Something that we really need.

Problem is his style of football.He will need to change whole defence to play his style.
More then anything I think we need someone with good personality, not someone that is to easy going, someone that will have the courage to drop guys & bring non performers into line again, I wouldn't say no to him. He may be very defensive but if anything that's something we've got to improve.

Leeroy1979

Never been a fan of him and even my friends here as die hard Bayern fans have wanted him out quite early.

Similarly to Emery you didn't see any kind of trademark style, just individual quality and problems with several players.
No charisma imo either - screams a few more years wasted.
Last thing we need. I think the fans could cope with a ropey spell/season if you could actually see where we were going...like lampard at Chelsea. The fans will take a few **** results as they can see that they are trying to play more expansive football and bring youngsters through

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
To all the Arteta-haters
Untitled.jpg

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Seems to be another Emery. But I'll play devils advocate here and say that I don't think the job he did at Bayern was as bad as people were making out. Still won the title and they seem worse off now that he's gone.

He certainly doesn't scream top manager in any case.

Doubt that Bayern would sack someone if he has quality and can move club forward.They have power in Bundesliga and almost every manager can win it with them.They didn't see that in Kovac.

I think that they didn't play that bad in last two matches tbf.They were very unlucky to lost both games.Probably the current manager will stay until the end of the season and we'll see what will be next.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What are you talking about? Luiz has played in the league for years. Making one year loan deal without option to buy for Ceballos and want to give him time to adapt is just bad business also. Then I think we paid way to much for Pepe which you could already see in France that is not all that good player. Not a 72 M player. I think its bad business. Bad transfer window overall IMO. Just hope spending that much money on Pepe wont have bad influence on future windows. After all we don't have much money to be making constantly bad signings like past years!

I obviously wasn’t talking about David Luiz, at 8M he was clearly just an emergency option when we couldn’t get Upamecano. He’s on contract for only two years so we won’t be stuck long term with him.

Ceballos has played out of position here so far and while I think he was a superfluous signing to a degree, he’s a very talented player who if we move on Xhaka soon can play a deeper role.

As for Pepe we’ve seen nothing here from his time in France where he was electric. Him and Ceballos need time to adapt, calling them flops already is basically willing them to fail.

Leeroy1979

I know,but point is that some other managers will try to be more offensive and to use our current strengths.Playing on goal more with Auba and others.

Simeone is more defensive manager and our defence needs to be very reliable under him.
Yeah I can see that....given I can't see massive investment in jan working with what we have got not lamenting what we haven't will be important

I obviously wasn’t talking about David Luiz, at 8M he was clearly just an emergency option when we couldn’t get Upamecano. He’s on contract for only two years so we won’t be stuck long term with him.

Ceballos has played out of position here so far and while I think he was a superfluous signing to a degree, he’s a very talented player who if we move on Xhaka soon can play a deeper role.

As for Pepe we’ve seen nothing here from his time in France where he was electric. Him and Ceballos need time to adapt, calling them flops already is basically willing them to fail.

I was talking about the transfer window. It was bad. Simple as that. We have to be a lot wiser in future transfer windows and sign players that can actually help us not put us further behind.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I was talking about the transfer window. It was bad. Simple as that. We have to be a lot wiser in future transfer windows and sign players that can actually help us not put us further behind.

Yes and I’m saying it’s mental calling it bad already when we don’t know what the players can do.

In two years if Pepe and Ceballos are star players for us, is it still a failure because they didn’t do much in their first year? Of course not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom