• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Much as I like Arteta, there’s definitely a cultural bias in favour of Spanish coaches following Pep/ their international success. We’d never consider Mikel if he was called Phil and had been born in Bolton.

Not sure it’s warranted either, as most of the Spanish contingent managing at the top level (Enrique, Emery, Marcelino, Benitez, Valverde) are deeply uninspiring, while Pep identifies strongly as Catalan.

It’s why I’ll be voting for The Brexit Party on December 12th.

Like I’ve said many times if Chris Wilder was ten years younger called Christophe Wildaire he’d have been offered the jobs months ago.

Joestlaachmkr

Like I’ve said many times if Chris Wilder was ten years younger called Christophe Wildaire he’d have been offered the jobs months ago.
Ha..ha.. Wilder is on the same age as Allegri and only a few years older than what Rodgers are. I def think Wilder would be a solid candidate, but he is a lifelong Sheffield Utd fan and has a contract with the blades out 2022.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Don’t understand why we haven’t gone all out for Potch. He’s clearly interested in joining us after his recent interview. Think our stupid board are just being stingy. They don’t want to pay the 12m compensation to Sp**s. Ridiculous. I’d pay 20 mil to bring Poch here. He’d have us competitions for the league in the next year or 2. Raul and Edu are frauds.

Preacher

Always Crying
I never wanted Arteta. I was against him in 2018 and I don't want him now. He has too many red flags in my mind. No managerial expierence is the biggest worry. Being head coach and simple coach is like day and night. Second worry, he looks like yes man. Another puppet for our spinless board and owners. It is no coincidence that all the strong character managers are rejecting us. They dont get guarantees from our board.

Joestlaachmkr

It is no coincidence that all the strong character managers are rejecting us. They dont get guarantees from our board.
Which managers apart from Allegri and Rodgers - who are in a title race with Leicester have rejected us?

Agree with the other statements in your post.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Whoever it is hopefully the board negotiate some break clauses. Its going to get expensive other wise.

Riotof91

I never wanted Arteta. I was against him in 2018 and I don't want him now. He has too many red flags in my mind. No managerial expierence is the biggest worry. Being head coach and simple coach is like day and night. Second worry, he looks like yes man. Another puppet for our spinless board and owners. It is no coincidence that all the strong character managers are rejecting us. They dont get guarantees from our board.
yup
if Arteta is so rated, why are Everton not linked with Arteta?!!
Arteta is a cheap yes man

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
meanwhile our women are winning 2-0 away and heading to top of WSL - perhaps we should swap coaches

Preacher

Always Crying
Which managers apart from Allegri and Rodgers - who are in a title race with Leicester have rejected us?

Agree with the other statements in your post.
I was talking about both manager search terms, in 2018 and this year. +Enrique also rejected us last month.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Dont worry folks... I have a feeling in my bones we are due some good news soon. And no, I'm not speaking about Arteta.

Starts with a win tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom