• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
One of my biggest regrets is Sven getting involved...after Sanchez City move fell through, and United came with their offer in January, didn’t Arsène either want Martial in a swap or to keep Sanchez for his last six months before Sven overruled him and got Mikh?

We were never getting Martial, so we would have kept Alexis that season, and I would have backed us to win the Europa that year with Alexis in our squad, feel he definitely would have won us the game against Atlético...we would have been in the Champions League, and in a much better state you imagine.

But no, Sven had to turn us into Dortmund’s retirement home...

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Wenger is like the captain who crashed the titanic into an iceberg.

People now want him back because the new captain hasn’t managed to stop us sinking, and, if you ignore the cataclysmic negligence that led to the crash, the start of the journey was actually quite pleasant.
No, He’s our best ever manager

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot

People now want him back because the new captain hasn’t managed to stop us sinking, and, if you ignore the cataclysmic negligence that led to the crash, the start of the journey was actually quite pleasant.

Cut the crap, please. Wenger was never a catastrophe for the club, not even during the last years. Yes, you said that he was a catastrophe.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We’re just going back to our average 6-8 league position before Wenger.

Why doesn’t nobody talk about that? Our average league position before Wenger was 6-8. During his years here it became 2-4.
Surprisingly none of you bums on here have a reply to this.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
One of my biggest regrets is Sven getting involved...after Sanchez City move fell through, and United came with their offer in January, didn’t Arsène either want Martial in a swap or to keep Sanchez for his last six months before Sven overruled him and got Mikh?

We were never getting Martial, so we would have kept Alexis that season, and I would have backed us to win the Europa that year with Alexis in our squad, feel he definitely would have won us the game against Atlético...we would have been in the Champions League, and in a much better state you imagine.

But no, Sven had to turn us into Dortmund’s retirement home...

Nonsense.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member

Bad analogy. We werent sinking under nor did Wenger crash us into this, 2 out of 22 years is an outlier.

The board is the captain. Made a poor decision in 1st having Wenger stay those two years due to being unprepared and secondly sacking him then still having no plan.

say yes

forum master baiter
No, He’s our best ever manager
I’m not disputing that. He’s a club legend and, if I ran the club, I’d name the stadium after him.

Doesn’t mean we need to rewrite the past though. He was a poor manager at the end and was rightfully sacked. The only shame is that we delayed so long in doing it.

blaze_of_glory

True in that the Titanic crashed not because of the captain but because of broad inadequacies in maritime regulation and wireless communication practices.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Tbf I think everyone knows what's happening right now with the team is on Emery. Most of these are his players now, and he couldn't get the best out of them.

How much responsibility Wenger has for letting the club drift, and not taking advantage of the strong position they were in the summer of 2015 is a separate issue.

Gazidis is equally culpable, the mess we’re in now is still down to his many decisions that hamstrung us. Taking Mkhitaryan back in the Sanchez deal and re-signing Özil despite Wenger’s best advice meant we couldn’t extend Ramsey.

Letting Alexis run down his contract when it was clear as day in summer 2016 he wouldn’t renew was criminal.

Wenger according to Ornstein wanted to walk away after his last cup win but thought the club wasn’t ready to appoint a successor. That’s unforgivable.

Gazidis is equally culpable, the mess we’re in now is still down to the many decisions that hamstrung us. Taking Mkhitaryan back in the Sanchez deal and re-signing Özil despite Wenger’s best advice meant we couldn’t extend Ramsey.

Letting Alexis run down his contract when it was clear as day in summer 2016 he wouldn’t renew was criminal.

Wenger according to Ornstein wanted to walk away after his last cup win but thought the club wasn’t ready to appoint a successor. That’s unforgivable.

True! It so weird how the Wenger haters always skip past it how much Gazidis destroyed this club.

blaze_of_glory

Gazidis is equally culpable, the mess we’re in now is still down to the many decisions that hamstrung us. Taking Mkhitaryan back in the Sanchez deal and re-signing Özil despite Wenger’s best advice meant we couldn’t extend Ramsey.

Yeah and two years later they still somehow weren't. Unbelievable really. Less excuses than Utd I think, who I think were surprised by Ferguson leaving.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

the decision didn't come until the end of May though, hard to get a succession plan in order if you don't know whether he actually wants to leave...

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

the decision didn't come until the end of May though, hard to get a succession plan in order if you don't know whether he actually wants to leave...

I mean that’s the media he’s referring to surely? Who knows what went on behind closed doors except what we’ve got from Ornstein.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom