• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeroy1979

We have so tough fixtures: Utd,Chelsea,City (h), West Ham,bournemouth,Everton (a).8 points imo.
The Chelsea united and Man City games are a free hit for whoever comes in...we wouldn't expect to win them so anything we get out if them is a bonus, I think that even now we have enough to beat a brittle West Ham team and Bournemouth are in their own ropy spell, everton could be tricky if they get their house in order as they haven't got a bad team. Anyone new coming in gets Man City united and Chelsea done and dusted in their honeymoon period where the fans will forgive

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
We’re just going back to our average 6-8 league position before Wenger.

Why doesn’t nobody talk about that? Our average league position before Wenger was 6-8. During his years here it became 2-4.

What a terrible mindset to have.

We should just accept we're regressing now, because before the period of success we weren't as successful?

GDeep™

League is very weak
What a terrible mindset to have.

We should just accept we're regressing now, because before the period of success we weren't as successful?
I’m saying we seem to be reverting back to what we’ve always been. It’s not my mindset, it’s what’s happening in front of our eyes.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II

the decision didn't come until the end of May though, hard to get a succession plan in order if you don't know whether he actually wants to leave...
I don't know if the players were aware of what he planned to do (probably not), but many thought at the time that this silly game of 'guess who' wasn't exactly helping the players and was a distraction at the time.

Reactions: A_G
We were finishing 7-12th for a few years before Wenger got here.

With Adams, Seaman, Bould, Winterburn, Dixon, Merson, Wright, Parlour, Campbell etc others.
Ok perhaps our interpretation of "few" varies, but Wenger only had his early success off the back of the defence he inherited. In 22 years he signed 1 decent defender, he was fortunate in signing a couple of players who ended up being half decent at the back but were actually bought as midfielders. In any event he is an irrelevance in this aside from the mess he left the squad in.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ok perhaps our interpretation of "few" varies, but Wenger only had his early success off the back of the defence he inherited. In 22 years he signed 1 decent defender, he was fortunate in signing a couple of players who ended up being half decent at the back but were actually bought as midfielders. In any event he is an irrelevance in this aside from the mess he left the squad in.
Lauren, Toure, Kos, Per, Campbell, Sagna etc. But Wenger signed one decent defender.

Sagna made the Premier team of the season, while Lauren, Sol and Toure were invincibles.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You’ve got your Arsenal back so let’s move on? Why blame him for the mess you have today with a new team, new manager, new regime?

This after we had CL in our hands last year?

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Apparently not. One mention that bad decisions have been made since he left and it becomes a war over whether this is all his fault :lol:
I think he played a part fwiw, but it's not worth focusing on that now. The more time that passes, the less part he played. It takes nothing away from what he achieved with us. All in all, he did the club a huge favour. You wouldn't crucify a man who did your shopping for 22 years, and then started forgetting the eggs or other bits just before he decided to call it a day.

Lauren, Toure, Kos, Per, Campbell, Sagna etc. But Wenger signed one decent defender.

Sagna made the Premier team of the season, while Lauren, Sol and Toure were invincibles.
Sorry I was referring to central defenders, Toure was signed as a midfielder (as was Lauren) Mertesacker was past it (had the turning circle of a super tanker and pace to match, in a league where pace is key). Personally was never a great fan of Kos but I'll give you him. Sol was the one I was referring too and that was hardly rocket science

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think he played a part fwiw, but it's not worth focusing on that now. The more time that passes, the less part he played. It takes nothing away from what he achieved with us. All in all, he did the club a huge favour. You wouldn't crucify a man who did your shopping for 22 years, and then started forgetting the eggs or other bits just before he decided to call it a day.
A man you gave 40 quid a week to do your 100 quid weekly shop? Then you got rid off him as soon as he couldn’t get you blood out of a stone? Agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom