• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Hopefully just in London to catch a train to Liverpool.

giphy.gif

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

As I said hindsight is a *****. Its clear it hasn’t worked out but at the time it felt like for the the first time i could Remember we pinpointed what areas we needed strengthening and we signed appropriately. Pepe could still be great for us, Martinelli will be our true elite striker for years. Saliba and Tierney could be a part of our backline for years also. Things seem bad now but it can be turned around

Yeah again I’ve not got a problem with the personnel we’ve brought in. It’s just the squad construction for this year has left us short imo.

It’s not really hindsight if many people at the time realised that the wings would be another major problem this year even if Pepe hadn’t struggled.

Club seemed desperate to get rid of both Iwobi and Mkhitaryan expecting both Saka and Nelson to be ready which at the time was the height of optimism.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Not too familiar with Marcelino but atleast he has managed before.

Emery should not put us off other managers at the same level as pre Arsenal Emery.

Emery was off his tits since March. Very few will be as bad.

roz

Fake News Merchant
From the guardian:
“Marcelino has been credited with bringing stability back to Valencia, a club with a propensity for infighting and crisis.”
Sounds familiar no

roz

Fake News Merchant
Yeah again I’ve not got a problem with the personnel we’ve brought in. It’s just the squad construction for this year has left us short imo.

It’s not really hindsight if many people at the time realised that the wings would be another major problem this year even if Pepe hadn’t struggled.

Club seemed desperate to get rid of both Iwobi and Mkhitaryan expecting both Saka and Nelson to be ready which at the time was the height of optimism.
I would say an optimism most on here shared though.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Rafa's doing our game tomorrow night for SKY. Dude's totally using it as scouting for a new gig :D

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Has anyone got any insight into Marcelinio or are we just assuming its Emery mk2

I watch Valencia a fair bit. Marcelino is a 4-4-2 guy, so he would have no problem with Aubameyang and Lacazette playing together up front. He's actually pretty much the opposite of Emery.

Here are a couple of videos that explain his tactics.

And if you're wondering why Marcelino was sacked, here's Ballague on the subject.

Reactions: roz

Leeroy1979

From the guardian:
“Marcelino has been credited with bringing stability back to Valencia, a club with a propensity for infighting and crisis.”
Sounds familiar no
I'm not having it. No way he gets the arsenal job just media talk it'll be viera or arteta or the board swerve and give it to kovac seeing as he's interested and available. They'll approach potch but ultimately it'll be too rich for us

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If they hire Marcelino that's mean even Arteta reject the move it's sound like desperate move. would take Niko Kovac at least his work in past is better and worked with big egos.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Has anyone got any insight into Marcelinio or are we just assuming its Emery mk2
He's a pragmatic manager, who has a clear system/formation (4-4-2), and he implements the system at his clubs quite fast (not the Conte level fast, but still). He's well known for his demanding training sessions, iirc one player put in a transfer request after a pre-season with him.

Don't think he'd be a good manager for Arsenal though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He's a pragmatic manager, who has a clear system/formation (4-4-2), and he implements the system at his clubs quite fast (not the Conte level fast, but still). He's well known for his demanding training sessions, iirc one player put in a transfer request after a pre-season with him.

Don't think he'd be a good manager for Arsenal though.
442? great so we'll have another Özil problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom