• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

Fake News Merchant
He's a pragmatic manager, who has a clear system/formation (4-4-2), and he implements the system at his clubs quite fast (not the Conte level fast, but still). He's well known for his demanding training sessions, iirc one player put in a transfer request after a pre-season with him.

Don't think he'd be a good manager for Arsenal though.
Cant imagine our players responding well to him despite the fact it might be exactly what they need

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Marcelino is a tidy enough manager in Spain but his CV doesn’t exactly jump at you for a reason.

He’s got a fair few misses on there asides from the decent job he did at Valencia.

I do also feel he got very lucky there as well, had some of the best Spanish talent in years in Soler and Torres come through the system when he was there.

Also Lim backed him during his time there with a bigger net spend than anyone except for Real and Barcelona.

He might have got them CL last year but that was also very jammy. Played some very uninspiring football drawing more games than they won, and would have finished well off the pace.

Both Alaves and Getafe were ahead in the final months but they hit a wall with their comparatively tiny squad depth and Getafe were ultimately pipped on the final day.

Sevilla also should have sewn up top four handily but went winless for the final three games including losses to Leganes and Girona and bottled it.

So yes in theory you can point to him getting top four with Valencia but again they drew more than they won, needed three ridiculous rival collapses to pull it off despite spending big with some extremely talented players in the squad.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
442? great so we'll have another Özil problem.

If Marcelino is hired, I wouldn't be surprised if both Özil and Xhaka find it difficult to get into the team. I think we'd see a lot of Aubameyang and Lacazette up front with Pepe, Torreira, Guendouzi and Ceballos (when healthy) across the midfield 4.

But how serious this may be is hard to say. I honestly don't know how much English Marcelino speaks. It may not be much since he's always managed in Spain and I don't think they would hire another manager who doesn't have fairly decent English skills. He's actually a really good manager though.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Just want a manager who has the balls to drop most of our senior players...would much rather play our young players and let them learn, and lose with them...than watch the usual jokers stink out the place game after game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom