• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
The only reason I’ve not given up the dream is that Ornstein has been almost silent on our new manager hunt.

When he has talked though he’s often mentioned Pochettino being a contender. This club moves in silence, I still have hope it’s on.
He’s clearly saving up all his weekly gossip for his weekly column, “Ornstein on Monday”, at the Athletic.

Interesting read. No mention of Marcelino or the “14 man” shortlist that has so many people with their knickers in a twist. Pochettino still in the running too.

His column this week is probably most interesting with regard to Emery’s transfer targets though. Unai wanted Maguire (a top CB), Partey (a top CM who was apparently “desperate” to join us), a backup RB to Bellerin, and Zaha (a winger ready to deliver right away). We didn’t get any of those.

Not getting them is partly his fault for ballsing up CL qualification at the end of the season, but it’s also a reminder of just how hard any manager is going to find it here. Going to be tricky for any manager to build their own squad given our financial situation.

See you all next Monday.

Ewarwoowar

Partey would have been a dream signing ffs..

This is why I’m not a big fan of the new setup, we didn’t go for one of the players the manager wanted.
We don't employ managers any more, we employ head coach, a glorified yes man and scapegoat, this fact is what will put serious crimp on level of choice for next candidate for the role. I'm not saying this kind of set up wont work, it works for other teams, but our board are not covering themselves in glory by any means at the moment, they need to get their own house in order and not throw Freddie or the next guy under the bus until they do .

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
He’s clearly saving up all his weekly gossip for his weekly column, “Ornstein on Monday”, at the Athletic.

Interesting read. No mention of Marcelino or the “14 man” shortlist that has so many people with their knickers in a twist. Pochettino still in the running too.

His column this week is probably most interesting with regard to Emery’s transfer targets though. Unai wanted Maguire (a top CB), Partey (a top CM who was apparently “desperate” to join us), a backup RB to Bellerin, and Zaha (a winger ready to deliver right away). We didn’t get any of those.

Not getting them is partly his fault for ballsing up CL qualification at the end of the season, but it’s also a reminder of just how hard any manager is going to find it here. Going to be tricky for any manager to build their own squad given our financial situation.

See you all next Monday.

Ffs, Partey was desperate to join??! I wasn't bothered by our reported interest as I did not see him being interested/allowed to leave.

This chances everything for me. Livid.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Hasn't Pep come out & said Arteta won't be going anywhere mid season though he won't stop him from going for the new season?

Arteta will ask to leave if offered the job and it’s not like City have anything left to play for in the league. They’d have two months between now and the Champions League restarting to bring in a new coach.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Doubt Partey was desperate to work with Emery. We might be able to go back in. Our stock has fallen mildly but think our good reputation undeniably lingers for footballers

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Jeez Unai targets could've cost us about 200M lol. Anyway going from Maguire to Luiz is total f**k up there were must be better backup targets

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Emery was aware that his grasp of English was becoming a source of public humour — specifically his pronunciation of ‘good evening’ — and though it did not overly bother him, he wondered whether many British people would go to Spain and try their best to speak the native language.
Sad. Not a good image for the club or fan base.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
To the Zaha & Partey dimension!

source.gif

kenshinSG

personally, i would take Poch as the manager NOW. there are arguments that he has not won anything yet. but his work in Southampton and Sp**s are exactly what we need now.
we as a club now needs someone who can come in to steady the ship and bring us to Top 4 or Top 3 and stay in UCL. Give Poch a 3-Year deal. With this state, plus the right investment, then we can know if he can win any trophy. If after this period he is no longer able to improve the squad or in terms of trophies, then rightly we will move on to another manager and Poch himself will seek a new challenge.
it is nearly impossible to have a manager nowadays that stay 3 years or 5 years at a club.
Even Pep is looking unlikely to stay at City beyond this season, regardless of whether he finally wins UCL.
Klopp already mentioned he is staying at Liverpool for another couple of years more at most.

Unless we can really get an very exciting manager in the summer, what we need now is someone like Poch - he is definitely going to get us playing better and achieving at least a Europa. With him, it is also easier to convince our top players like Auba to stay next season and get us back to UCL slots. Otherwise, he is also able to attract quality players.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If we end up with Kovac or Marcelino we may as well just scrap this season and next. There will be no long term vision with them.

We need a coach who has a 3 or 4 year plan. Get them in now to implement there style over the course of the rest of the season with no pressure.

Finish 8th-10th no Europa league next season and go like Chelsea did the year after their disaster season.

Lecisster are crusing with no Europa league and while their team is much better than ours it would help us a lot with just the league to focus on.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't think even if we qualify to CL we'd have got all Maguire Zaha partley maybe only Zaha Partley.

Don't understand why people giving up on pepe the guy never played in other league he hasn't settled yet and Zaha also having difficult season with his team

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I don't think even if we qualify to CL we'd have got all Maguire Zaha partley maybe only Zaha Partley.

Don't understand why people giving up on pepe the guy never played in other league he hasn't settled yet and Zaha also having difficult season with his team

don't you know how modern fans work? Let Messi have 2 **** games and they would sell him and got Joachim in

Ewarwoowar

Sad. Not a good image for the club or fan base.
Sadly not specific to football I can tell you in France of some British mostly of senior age on numerous occasions in shops where they will speak english to the employee, when the employee does not understand, they will say the same thing louder and slower as if the person has learning difficulties. Half the time getting angry, belittling people for being stuck with a wrong product they had bought because they did not understand the labeling. Some of these people are ex-pats that have been in France for years expecting to be bailed out and hand fed for their own inadequacy.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

If we don’t win the title by 2022, this will be the longest period in Arsenal’s history without retaining the title.

Sobering thought.

It's not happening under this administration. Liverpool , bar some catastrophe, will win their first premier league title in 30 years.

We're scrambling to stay in the top half of the table. Talk of a title challenge is fiction for the forseeable future.

We're going to go well beyond 30 years to win a title. By that time, Chelsea/City & any other club who have an ounce of ambition will have achieved parity with us if they haven't surpassed us by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom