• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

clovis

:lol: Zaha is yet to make any sort of impact for any club in his life, yet you think he’d have magically made an instant impact right now at Arsenal? Based on what, tea leaves at the bottom of a cup?

Zaha is a baller. He has been one of the best players in the league since his premature move to United. He is too good for a bottom half team like palace.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Zaha is a baller. He has been one of the best players in the league since his premature move to United. He is too good for a bottom half team like palace.
Nahh its his level. Big fish small pond sort of thing. Massively overrated player. Looks good on match of the day and on highlight reels but watch him during a game and I tell you right now the amount of times he loses the ball is shocking, wouldnt last 5 mins here

Ewarwoowar

Nahh its his level. Big fish small pond sort of thing. Massively overrated player. Looks good on match of the day and on highlight reels but watch him during a game and I tell you right now the amount of times he loses the ball is shocking, wouldnt last 5 mins here
I think Pepe will improve, but I can't agree with you on Zaha, perception of Zaha losing the ball so much is because even when he has a gang of oppo players around him he is still sold hospital passes, nearly everything goes through him, like they a one man team, he is consistently the most fouled player in the premier league, his hold up play when being mugged by multiple players is admirable, would definitely have improved us in the more physical battles we face.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
For the money we’d have paid for Zaha, considering his age (he’s the finished article) and the fact he only knows the English game, you’d need proven numbers and guaranteed product, none of which he’s given to any club in his career. Fancy, languid winger with a step-over and nothing to show for it. No idea what anyone sees in him until he starts finally delivering.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Why did Pepe cost so much in the first place? Was it a business failure or was his value that much?

Because market for talented wingers is poor. That's why we got 40 million for Iwobi in the first place. Which is also why we shouldn't have tried to sign a winger, and spent all our money on a center mid to replace Ramsey instead. But unfortunately people running our club are too incompetent to realize that.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Because market for talented wingers is poor. That's why we got 40 million for Iwobi in the first place. Which is also why we shouldn't have tried to sign a winger, and spent all our money on a center mid to replace Ramsey instead. But unfortunately people running our club are too incompetent to realize that.
I feel like if Pepe had hit the ground running you wouldn't say this. If we were to put 70 mil on a midfielder(or any other position for that matter) that didn't perform it wouldn't have been better.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
How many of us would have been happy with just Nelson and Saka going into the season? Even I think that's not very sound.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Not that many wide players moved in the summer that look much better alternatives.

Maybe Allan Saint-Maximin? Looks raw as **** without the goals yet but is a brilliant fast outlet causing defenders all kind of problems.... 16m a fair price if other positions also strengthened.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Just out of interest, apart from Robben is there any other top class winger that comes to mind who was or is heavily one footed?

My mind is drawing blanks, Bale maybe?

Pepe strikes me as one of the most obvious one footed players I have seen in a while.

ScotsGooner89

Just out of interest, apart from Robben is there any other top class winger that comes to mind who was or is heavily one footed?

My mind is drawing blanks, Bale maybe?

Pepe strikes me as one of the most obvious one footed players I have seen in a while.

Messi, bale, giggs... it’s a really common theme that left footed players seem to be more one footed that right footed players. I’m sure I seen an article attempting to give a reason for it before.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Obviously so comfortable and good with ball in his feet. Shame we don't use his strengths. Would do wonders foe him, but most importantly to the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom