• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnGooner

Established Member
of course, there is no guarantees Arteta could end up being average, ****, or great.
I have high hopes on him and Xabi, based on them as players, but you never know.
My whole point was that Simeone, Conte, Arteta, Poch, Jose...you name it, np one guarantees you anything.

Yes and my point was that while no one guarantees anything, chances for success are probably higher with somebody who has had success as a manager before. Also, my point was that our current situation is particularly demanding which further supports choosing an experienced manager over an unexperienced one.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Yes and my point was that while no one guarantees anything, chances for success are probably higher with somebody who has had success as a manager before. Also, my point was that our current situation is particularly demanding which further supports choosing an experienced manager over an unexperienced one.

I would genuinely be interested in stats of managers doing well and then going **** as they make a bigger move. Think the percentage of that is huge.
So basically only good chance is if you get a top proven manager, and there is barely any in today's football, and the ones who exist are safe at their jobs.

just like when buying players, it's not about their price and medals won, but about how he fits your needs

Predicates

Balague vs Ornstein

Marcelino against Arteta? Both interesting options. I'd rather go with Marcelino though because he has a very good reputation in Spain - much better than Emery's.

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if the journalists come out with a different name tomorrow. Although the final decision seems near, they've published so much nonsense recently that it's impossible to know whether they are reporting the truth.

It's a shame we couldn't bring in someone like Roberto Martinez on an interim contract and then hired Ten Hag, Gallardo or Rose in the summer. Or just stuck with Ljungberg until the season ends.

Reactions: A_G

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just shocking, Emery took a massive beating for these players and still they perform like cowards.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No hindsight needed. Some of us called for his sacking the minute the whistle sounded in Baku.
Yes but general sentiment was to give him two seasons. You were right, we were wrong. :(

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Disagree about Wenger. How earlier did you want to sack him when he was meeting club targets of top 4? If anything we moved on him on ASAP after he stopped meeting club targets.

Now we will spend hundreds of millions, most likely bad like Raul with Pepe, and have multiple managerial changes just to get to where Wenger was until his last two years.
It was clear Wenger wasn’t the man he once was despite hitting targets.

For want of a better analogy, say you have a car that’s showing clear signs of decline, breaking down, not starting some mornings but it still ultimately gets you to and from work?

assuming you’re not broke would you keep that car that’s a ticking time bomb or start looking for a new car?

Wenger was clearly in decline yet still meeting targets, it should have been clear to the board that a time would come when he would stop hitting those targets. The club let that happen before they sacked him.

Reactive not proactive. Terrible decision making from them.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
hqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom