• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Weird how getting him in those positions can get the best out of him as opposed to Emery wanting him to take the ball from our defensive third and just run the length of the pitch.
All I can think of, is what a bellend Emery is.
Genuinely don’t understand how a manager as experienced as Emery was so clueless with attacking talent.

One of the worst managers I’ve ever been unfortunate enough to closely observe.

ScotsGooner89

Just like he was before that ridiculous former manager of ours dropped him for no reason.

I don’t even care if he loses the ball a lot, he’s more Salah than Bernado Silva and that’s just going to be part of his game.

More minutes, more touches, more confidence!

and Definitely more goals

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Real resilience shown. He was on the end of two really heavy challenges by Creswell and he kept demanding the ball and running with it. Excellent display.
The way he was fouled, especially that brutal flying scissor tackle. How that isn't a red is beyond me. And we didn't even get a free kick. Mike Dean is the mega **** of mega *****! Easily the worst referee in the PL and that is saying something.

Gooner_girl14

I felt that he was just about to kick on after those 2 free kicks in the Europa League, then he was left in and out of the team again. Hopefully he can just get better and better from here, if we can get some sort of midfield/defensive stability going (or at least not be quite as open as we have been), we can perhaps play to our strengths, which is pretty much our front 3-4 players.

DasBootist

Gervinho would never ever...
The Gervinho comparisons were really pissing me off. Members using Gervinho to mock Pepe and to paint him as a flop with less than half the season having transpired. 'Oh look, they're both African and like to dribble'.

Well Pepe has one thing that Gervinho lacked @ Arsenal (err, maybe two things): BALLS

Moah

The Gervinho comparisons were really pissing me off. Members using Gervinho to mock Pepe and to paint him as a flop with less than half the season having transpired. 'Oh look, they're both African and like to dribble'.

Well Pepe has one thing that Gervinho lacked @ Arsenal (err, maybe two things): BALLS

The negativity about him on here looked as if he was playing in prime Arsenal with him having a 10 year experience of the league.

Gooner_girl14

The negativity about him on here looked as if he was playing in prime Arsenal with him having a 10 year experience of the league.

I was starting to get worried because I questioned whether there was something going on behind the scenes that was impeding his transition. He didn't start that well but just when he looked like he was starting to turn a corner, Emery started to leave him out again and Freddie looked like he was doing the same initially. I was thinking we've got another Özil situation on our hands... An attitude or motivation problem? A communication issue?
His performance tonight has definitely quelled most of my worries, and Freddie has recently been more positive about him in the media. Yay.

Moah

I was starting to get worried because I questioned whether there was something going on behind the scenes that was impeding his transition. He didn't start that well but just when he looked like he was starting to turn a corner, Emery started to leave him out again and Freddie looked like he was doing the same initially. I was thinking we've got another Özil situation on our hands... An attitude or motivation problem? A communication issue?
His performance tonight has definitely quelled most of my worries, and Freddie has recently been more positive about him in the media. Yay.

Let's hope for an exponential performances from now on.

Symbia

His dribbling ability is so underrated by even Arsenal fanbase. I agree with Robben comparison. He's more of Robben than Salah, Salah becomes outright useless when there is no space to run into while Pepe will always cut in and try to cross or even shot.

From past games defenders successfully mark him in numbers and try to foul him when dribbled.
He will be much better if he start receiving the ball inside the box, at least defenders will hold back the attempt to hack him down. He turned that Crasswelll guy inside out but dude keep kicking him with Mike Dean predictably, happily looked the other way round.

Also, I think players around him are supposed to benefit since he tends to be always closed down. See Aubameyang's goal.

clovis

Not sure why everyone is getting excited. He is a space merchant and it was obvious yesterday as well..

That is why he is very good with set pieces. If you give a dead ball or time to strike the ball, he looks quality..

West Ham gave him too much time and space for both the goal and assist yesterday and he looked lost every time they pressed him..

Watch how he fails against City who are only second to Liverpool when it comes to hounding players with high press..

people shouldn’t through fits when he is compared to Gervinho. There are definite similarities.. his close control is poor and he never seems in control when he is dribbling.. a clumsy player..

The difference between the two is that his ball striking is clearly better but that’s it. He excelled in France because the midfielders and defenders over there give too much space to the attackers..

I repeat. We made a mistake by buying him especially at the price.. People who are comparing him to Robben and Salah are kidding themselves. He will never get anywhere close to their level..

The only saving grace of his transfer is that we managed to balance the books by fooling Everton to pay £35m for Iwobi who is not worth more than £3.5m.

Someone like Pepe is actually a good buy for £35m but not at the price we paid for him..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom