• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Another thing I like about him is the defensive attention he attracts. We could literally make a game plan of passing the ball to Pepe, attracting the double team and then having him play a simple pass to the RB who is pretty much always free whenever Pepe is on the ball.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Another thing I like about him is the defensive attention he attracts. We could literally make a game plan of passing the ball to Pepe, attracting the double team and then having him play a simple pass to the RB who is pretty much always free whenever Pepe is on the ball.

IIRC one of the few moments we had anything close to a danger ball in their box was when he triple marked on the edge of it.

Need to work on our movement, but there is space there for us to work with.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Superb one on one ,

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Superb one on one ,
I don't think he'll have a good game against City because I feel like we're going to be destroyed, and also Guardiola will want to heavily protect Angelino/Mendy because he knows that Pepe will have them on toast if isolated.

What we do with the space created by the attention on Pepe will be key in that game.

I'm keeping my excitement down. The transformation from Bebe to Pepe was nice to see, but it was barely a 15 minutes of the game yesterday! Long long long way to go!

But if he can bring 18 more goals to our season I'm willing to call this transfer a success!

If Pepe isn't inspired after reading your words colour me shocked

I think if he truly is a 72 M player, a star signing, a wide forward goal scoring winger we signed in the summer and his adaptation process is finally over for him like some are implying now, 18 goals will be easy for him!

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
He would do better with Laca up front, or if we had better possession in our midfield.
there is a. huge difference playing back to the goal like he did mostly yesterday, or when he gets balls into space or on proper counter.

That's why Salah is so deadly, because Firmino does excatly what Salah needs. Play Auba instead of Firmino and Salah wont have those numbers

clovis

Pretty dumb postulate considering his best game was against Liverpool :frustrated:

the first half at Anfield against us is the worst football Liverpool and Van Dijk have played in the league this season..

They looked heavy footed, knackered and were giving us too much space. Pepe’s poor finishing was the reason why we missed the golden chance of going into the break 1-0 or 2-0 up.

Unfortunately normal service was resumed after the Matip header from the corner..

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I don't think he'll have a good game against City because I feel like we're going to be destroyed, and also Guardiola will want to heavily protect Angelino/Mendy because he knows that Pepe will have them on toast if isolated.

What we do with the space created by the attention on Pepe will be key in that game.

Missing Rambo right about now.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I like Pepe, his confidence may not be fully up yet because he hasn't had the most game time, the PL is so much bigger then the French league but hopefully this performance has got his confidence up that little bit more, you can tell he has talent so we just have to be patient with him I feel. He was unreal tonight, he has good dribbling on him, also a good shot when he wants.

Pepes blue pill

I mentioned this early on in his time with us, that he will be a better player if he understands this situation and releases the ball quickly, problem is he doesnt do it very often, its same with zaha, its bizarre to me they dont seem to see this

Pepes blue pill

My only complaint would be how he almost looks like he wants to try a trick every time, even if there is room behind he looks like he would rather beat the player by tricking him first, nothing wrong with using that pace of his sometimes and just putting it ahead of the player and running on to it

Really wanna see him run at the city defence of sunday tho and mix it up

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Two moments of pure class from the lad against West Ham, more of that please. General play was always good so this is the icing he needs to add to his cake.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We need to get him receiving the ball in the final third with momentum or just one man to beat

That's how he scored his goal

Been too few chances like that all season

ChefMan21

Part of me thinks we need to simplify his game in a lot of ways, and I've wondered how he would go in a two-man strike partnership. Keen to see how he would go with a bit more directness each game, rather than cutting inside, finding crosses, etc. Perhaps a bit more fruitful in terms of goals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom