• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Standard Liège v Arsenal | December 12, 17:55 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Standard-Liege-vs-Arsenal-EL.jpg

Untitled.png

• Standard have won both of their previous two Group F encounters in Liege, beating Vitória SC 2-0 and Eintracht Frankfurt 2-1, but the German club's Matchday 5 win in north London not only prevented Arsenal from sealing their place in the knockout phase – and led to the departure of head coach Unai Emery – but also served to dent the hopes of Standard, who held Vitória 1-1 in Portugal on the same evening.

Arsenal, who have ten points, will be through with a win or draw, and can even afford to lose by up to a four-goal margin irrespective of the outcome of the other final Group F fixture between Frankfurt, who have nine points, and Vitória, who are out of contention with two. The Gunners beat Standard 4-0 at home and also boast a commanding goal-difference advantage, which would benefit them in the case of a three-way tie should Standard beat them and Frankfurt draw against Vitória. Only if Frankfurt lose can Standard be certain to go through with a win; regardless of the outcome in Germany the Belgian side will be eliminated if they do not beat Arsenal.

• Arsenal's next victory in the UEFA Europa League will be their 23rd in the competition, setting a new record for an English club. They are currently level on 22 with Tottenham. :facepalm:

Team News
Tierney, Bellerin, Ceballos out; Xhaka & Holding to be assessed; @Rex Banter rested for the weekend

Untitled.jpg

TBT:
https://www.myvideo.ge/v/1871949

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
the problem it'll be who will play fullback Bellerin and Tierney likely to miss 2-3 weeks and we have tough and busy fixture coming up i'm afraid we'll have AMN Kola to play most games.

Martinez
AMN Holding Luiz Kola
Willock Guendouzi
Nelson Smith-Rowe Saka
Laca.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Martinelli has to start even if he is a regular in the league now.

Sorry, but this is our only hope of Champions League football next season. Our first team is clearly not better than the Europa League team which is why I am okay mostly with this lineup.

Just need Martinelli to continue play. Take him off after 60 mins if the game is won.

HBL

Established Member
Full backs are a bit of a problem here, not sure we can risk an injury to Kola or AMN so think we'll have to go 3 atb. Or call up someone like Medley to play LB and Mustafi RB :lol:

Lacazette - Martinelli
Saka - ESR - Guendouzi - Willock - Nelson
Holding? - Luiz - Mustafi
Martinez
Maybe something like that? John-Jules could be a possibility if we don't want to risk Martinelli

ScotsGooner89

Didn’t saka come through the youth teams as a LB. I’d like to see Pepe and Martinelli on the wings again so they can really cement their positions, maybe drop one of them for Nelson if one is in need of a rest.

Martinez
AMN chambers Mavro saka
Guendouzi willock
Nelson ESR martinelli
Laca

Gone for a win, try get some momentum going.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Hasn't Saka played and a fullback @MutableEarth ?

Not that I want to make a habit out of it, but it still might be better than risking Kola if KTs injury sidelines him for a good chunck of time.
Yeah hes played quite a lot at LB. Better attacking than defending but hes competent. I actually think he would make a great full back if he wanted to be one but attack is where he should play for now. He could play there though if its dire.

Wouldnt put Nelson RWB though, dont want him anywhere near there. He has to play in attack.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
Martinez
AMN Chambers Luiz Kolasinac
Willock Guendouzi
Nelson EMR Saka
Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom