• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Sceptical about Ancelotti but for what it's worth Ibrahimovic described him asbthe best coach he has ever had. But then his man management is probably not what people Are worried about.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
This thread continues to be the most disappointing on the forum. Who the **** is Paulo Sousa?

Seriously keep Freddie if this is the best we can get.

Havent made it to the point the Souza link dies yet, but I'm currently getting tattooed it Hurst less than being linked with such uninspiring names.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
You listen to Anders Limpar on the Athletics podcast & sounds like Freddie has had his eyes on the job for a while.

Carlo gives him a chance to stay & develop. Could not be the case under Arteta & Vieira.

Carlo & Freddie nice blend of both worlds. Unless you get a game changing manager good with that.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ancelotti would be 10 times better a choice than that zero-experience and over-hyped Arteta. Just because Pep and his buddies hype him a bit in the media he is suddenly our savior. Get a grip.
Who called him a saviour? Nobody, stop inventing stuff.

Predicates

Carlo isn't who we need at the moment. He hasn't won anything significant since 2014 and has presided over dressing-room mutinies in his last two jobs.

These players walked all over Emery, and they will do the exact same to Carlo. We need a manager who can instil discipline and passion into this team, not one who has been accused of languid training sessions and giving his players excessive leeway.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Sky reporting that Pereira has ruled himself out of Emery job, so who knows who is going where - also Pellegrini likely to be sacked after meeting today

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
You listen to Anders Limpar on the Athletics podcast & sounds like Freddie has had his eyes on the job for a while.

Carlo gives him a chance to stay & develop. Could not be the case under Arteta & Vieira.

Carlo & Freddie nice blend of both worlds. Unless you get a game changing manager good with that.

The more I've thought about this the past couple of days the more sense it makes for Arsenal to hire Carlo. If there's anyone who won't be overwhelmed by the task ahead, it's him. He can steady the ship and represents the safest choice at this time. And the timing of his departure from Napoli could be a perfect match.

I know a lot of fans want the young "sexy" choice, but that will naturally represent a gamble when maybe what's needed is simply stability while the young players develop and the squad continues to be rebuilt and reworked. I mean, Ancelotti is one of the greatest managers in history. He will immediately command the respect of the entire squad.

And, as you say, it would give Freddie a chance to continue his coaching development under the wing of a true legend of the game. Imagine what he could learn? He could be prepared to take over in two or three years and presumably in a better situation.

It just all makes entirely too much sense, so I guess it probably won't happen. :p

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Carlo isn't who we need at the moment. He hasn't won anything significant since 2014 and has presided over dressing-room mutinies in his last two jobs.

These players walked all over Emery, and they will do the exact same to Carlo. We need a manager who can instil discipline and passion into this team, not one who has been accused of languid training sessions and giving his players excessive leeway.
pity we don't know what Freddie said at half time yesterday - the hugs after the game suggest he had a positive effect

GoodEbening

To Everyone Except Arteta
Who called him a saviour? Nobody, stop inventing stuff.

Some posters here hype him as if he is the next Ferguson and Messiah lol. "I'd rather have Arteta over Poch/Allegri, I'd rather have a complete scrub as the next manager because Pep says he is good and even though he has done **** all"

GDeep™

League is very weak
The more I've thought about this the past couple of days the more sense it makes for Arsenal to hire Carlo. If there's anyone who won't be overwhelmed by the task ahead, it's him. He can steady the ship and represents the safest choice at this time. And the timing of his departure from Napoli could be a perfect match.

I know a lot of fans want the young "sexy" choice, but that will naturally represent a gamble when maybe what's needed is simply stability while the young players develop and the squad continues to be rebuilt and reworked. I mean, Ancelotti is one of the greatest managers in history. He will immediately command the respect of the entire squad.

And, as you say, it would give Freddie a chance to continue his coaching development under the wing of a true legend of the game. Imagine what he could learn? He could be prepared to take over in two or three years and presumably in a better situation.

It just all makes entirely too much sense, so I guess it probably won't happen. :p
We done this with Emery no? Experienced manager with a good CV who was supposed to provide a smooth transition.

Think we need a top coach more than anything, not sure Carlo is that anymore.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Sky reporting that Pereira has ruled himself out of Emery job, so who knows who is going where - also Pellegrini likely to be sacked after meeting today

He'll soon be added to the shortlist. We're on a mission to involve every outdated coach to this ever growing list of underwhelming candidates.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Napoli are 1 point from 12th. We battered them in EL where they were very very poor.

Carlo would coming here and working with the 5th/6th best squad. No Auba. I don’t see the upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom