• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

take it FWIW of course but the same guy said Pepe was the #1 winger target in May and that Emery would take charge of the Frankfurt game then be sacked...

Yep a lot of ITK’s hinting it’s Poch now but don’t believe any of them. Quite a few hit and misses over the Emery sacking etc.

Reactions: A_G

Joestlaachmkr

Zidane is a bum. Doubt we’ll finish top 8 with him.
OK. Pep also used to be a bum and the only reason why he won all the titles with Barcelona was because of Xavi, Iniesta and Messi, the only reason as to why Enrique won the tripple with Barca was only because of Messi, Neymar and Suarez, the only reason as to why Zidane won 3 CL titles in a row was because of Ronaldo.

My little sister would have won the same amount of trophies with those players.

GDeep™

League is very weak
OK. Pep also used to be a bum and the only reason why he won all the titles with Barcelona was because of Xavi, Iniesta and Messi, the only reason as to why Enrique won the tripple with Barca was only because of Messi, Neymar and Suarez, the only reason as to why Zidane won 3 CL titles in a row was because of Ronaldo.

My little sister would have won the same amount of trophies with those players.
Pep then went to Bayern and City to spend billions to win domestic league titles.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
No just the two team they put out, set up and instructed, over two matches.

So you're saying the Arsenal players were playing against the Napoli players? Yes, I'll agree to that. Then again, Ole's Manchester United totally outclassed Pep Guardiola's Manchester City the other day, so obviously Pep is the lesser of the two managers. Players gotta play.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Based on what?

Sure, his last big trophy was a whopping two years ago. But he's managing frickin' Napoli. He's not coaching a club that even approaches the talent that Juventus has, yet in 2018 he gave them one hell of a run for the title with 91 points. If he can do that at age 58, there's no reason to think the bottom has dropped out at 60.

Bundesliga with Bayern isn't a big trophy, it's a formality. Needless to say, he was sacked there for not doing well enough.

That one hell of a run for the title was Sarri, not Carlo. The latter accumulated 12 points less than the former, and was way behind Juve for the title with only 79 points.

And now he's on as bad a run with Napoli as we were with Emery, no wins for 9 games and sitting 17 points behind the leaders. On verge of the sack.

Not to mention he's mostly always had great teams - when was the last time he build a team from the scratch? Does he have the motivation for it when he's, what, 80 years or something?

As for steadying the ship and a safe bet, we just had Emery for that, he turned us into titanic and then some.

Carlo is as finished as they come.

Joestlaachmkr

Pep then went to Bayern and City to spend billions to win domestic league titles.
Yep, and he won the Bundesliga with the most points in the history of Bundesliga he also took a record amount of wins for a team in the BL in his first season with Bayern, he also broke the same records in the PL in his second season as City manager. But of course, it`s only down to money and the players.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Someone needs to do a deep dive on this guy’s record from summer, this is too exciting.

Since you asked, I did. Every tweet from May 1 until the window closed. Nothing to see. Pretty much just the same stuff you'd find on any regular Arsenal account. And he lost me when he started crediting Mular, including praising Mular for "breaking the news" that Coutinho was on his way to Arsenal. So I wouldn't get too excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom