• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Who do you want to see as manager Toby my guy?

Tbh I've thought about it multiple times, looked at who's free and I don't have a good solution. The manager market just seems terrible at the moment.

I do think Allegri would've probably been decent. Always got Howe on my list, but I tend to think right after Wenger he could've dealt with joining a big club, right now in this mess I think not. Not sure about potch, either; his work at Sp**s was good all in all, but there are still a few question marks.

As things stand I still think an experienced caretaker would be the best route. There aren't that many guys out there but tbh I'd give Rafa Benitez a call and see if he was up to do it til the summer, then see what happens on the managers' merrygoround from June/July on. If Ljungberg gets the team to kind of perform til the New Year, he might be a caretaker option, too.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Most of this forum doesn’t want Arteta, and haven’t seen anyone make any big claims about him.

Don’t see why people are getting their knickers so twisted. The reality is the club have highlighted a young profile if you believe Ornstein.

Leeroy1979

If these are the 3 contenders how long does a phone call to potch take? If he gives us a flat no we move onto arteta....if he won't jump at this opportunity now then he isn't the man we want

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
What Arteta hype? Most here don’t want him, the ones that do are very cautiously willing to risk it with him, like me.

Hype not so much in terms of numbers, but that he's basically a blank slate and there's a lot of projecting going on as to his abilities.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If these are the 3 contenders how long does a phone call to potch take? If he gives us a flat no we move onto arteta....if he won't jump at this opportunity now then he isn't the man we want

Nah you need interviews and risk assessments etc. Make the top dogs feel they are earning their molah.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Hype not so much in terms of numbers, but that he's basically a blank slate and there's a lot of projecting going on as to his abilities.
Got to wonder who his backroom staff would be mid season first job as well.

Freddie has been saying its so thin using Edu. No guarantee Freddie even stays under another first job manager & Per has another role.

Leeroy1979

Freddie has been saying its so thin using Edu. No guarantee Freddie even stays under another first job manager & Per has another role.

You would assume that arteta would bring in alonso if he gets the job

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I just hope the club holds onto to him after this. That he is not jettisoned like flotsam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom