• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

wenger-smile.gif

say yes

forum master baiter
Lovely guy.

Think it’s too soon in his career for him to be seriously considered for the full-time gig, but I hope the new manager keeps him around the club.

The experience of managing us over this period will have done him a world of good, and if he can then learn under a Tuchel / Pochettino for the next few years, then he’ll be a helluva internal candidate when the vacancy next transpires.

Zen555

I know it isn't the norm in this football world that we live in, but I really hope our next manager is a 4 year or longer solution. There is something to be said about continuity and culture and I'd hate it if we become a managerial carousel like Chelsea.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I wouldn`t exactly say we have played well or over achieved in these four games Freddie have been in charge, but each to their own.
He's been handed a disjointed team extremely low on confidence, and he has no experience.

Considering all this, he's done well. Even if you had Arteta, he would have done similarly.

Gunners21

I know it isn't the norm in this football world that we live in, but I really hope our next manager is a 4 year or longer solution. There is something to be said about continuity and culture and I'd hate it if we become a managerial carousel like Chelsea.

there is a difference between sacking a manager when he is not performing as compared to sacking a manager even when he is performing....

Zen555

there is a difference between sacking a manager when he is not performing as compared to sacking a manager even when he is performing....

Completely agree. I should have mentioned that I wanted Emery out 6 weeks before it happened, he clearly couldn't hold a locker room.

My main point is that I hope our next manager is someone with the talent and personality to hold a team, and to last for many seasons. I worry about someone like Ancelotti. While he has fantastic credentials, is he really someone that is going to stay at Arsenal until his 65th birthday? I'm not convinced.

scytheavatar

Established Member

The modern top manager doesn't want to stick to the same job for too long........ a managerial carousel is inevitable, unless you are fine with mediocrity and non ambitious managers.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, happens when the team is ****.

We're progressing in the right direction, and that is enough for me right now

Where’s the progress? Still conceding around two goals a game. Still playing by and large **** football for 90 minutes. There is no progress. Duncan Ferguson will do a better job with Everton in the short time he has as manager. All the “this squad is **** and nobody can save it” talk is people giving Ljungberg an easy time because he’s a club legend. That’s fair enough (you can’t really expect free flowing football to come back in such a short space of time), but let’s at least be honest about the performances and results. We’d have done no worse with Emery still in charge.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Where’s the progress? Still conceding around two goals a game. Still playing by and large **** football for 90 minutes. There is no progress. Duncan Ferguson will do a better job with Everton in the short time he has as manager. All the “this squad is **** and nobody can save it” talk is people giving Ljungberg an easy time because he’s a club legend. That’s fair enough (you can’t really expect free flowing football to come back in such a short space of time), but let’s at least be honest about the performances and results. We’d have done no worse with Emery still in charge.
Yeah pretty much because it's the same team. As you say yourself, it won't be overnight.

We were 1 wins in 6 under Emery, so I don't know what you are complaining about, considering that we have the same players.

Progress because our play is definitely sharper, and Pepe is much better now

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Yeah pretty much because it's the same team. As you say yourself, it won't be overnight.

We were 1 wins in 6 under Emery, so I don't know what you are complaining about, considering that we have the same players.

Progress because our play is definitely sharper, and Pepe is much better now

:lol: The argument before was Emery wasn’t getting the best out of the players. ****ty lineups and tactics. Now it’s the players.

Joestlaachmkr

Considering all this, he's done well. Even if you had Arteta, he would have done similarly.
Definitely not. Assistant managers usually runs the same philosophy that their boss had, and there is quite a big difference between being assistant under Emery and assistant under Pep.

That said, i dont think Arteta would have turned the ship around either.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Definitely not. Assistant managers usually runs the same philosophy that their boss had, and there is quite a big difference between being assistant under Emery and assistant under Pep.

Lol. So you agree with him? :lol:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
:lol: The argument before was Emery wasn’t getting the best out of the players. ****ty lineups and tactics. Now it’s the players.
It was a combination of a lot of problems which went back to Emery.

You cannot train a specific way for two seasons and then suddenly reset everything. Plus Emery sucked out all the confidence from everyone.

these are all experienced professionals and won't get impressed by any ex-assistant manager. To have an immediate effect, you need a bigger name who would instantly be respected.

Freddie is in fact a bigger name than Arteta at Arsenal

Top Bottom