• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youth got to be kidding?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I don't want to sell any of them bar Maitland-Niles, but already the likes of Guendouzi, Willock, Saka, Nelson and Martinelli are looking like 50m plus players. Smith-Rowe and Nketiah' value would push towards that with a good loan.

We finally have some assets again.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

After pre-season and our transfers,

First team: Willock, Saka, Nelson
Loan: Smith Rowe, Nketiah

truth_hurts

I agree with Smith-Rowe. Nketiah needs minutes, but can we afford to let our 3rd choice forward leave?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I think we'll see more rotation with Aubameyang and Lacazette this season now Pepe is in the team, I think we'll go Iwobi Auba Pepe quite a bit.

We should let Eddie go on loan as the rotation means Laca and Auba won't get burnt out as much, have TJJ as third option.

Kingofthebongo

I don't want to sell any of them bar Maitland-Niles, but already the likes of Guendouzi, Willock, Saka, Nelson and Martinelli are looking like 50m plus players. Smith-Rowe and Nketiah' value would push towards that with a good loan.

We finally have some assets again.

Lol. Come on man, i admire your positivity bit this is the kind of thing that heaps so much pressure on the youngsters. Martinelli was literally just purchased from that same market you're referring to for 6m.

truth_hurts

Lol. Come on man, i admire your positivity bit this is the kind of thing that heaps so much pressure on the youngsters. Martinelli was literally just purchased from that same market you're referring to for 6m.

I'm far from suggesting that these players have already made it my friend, but we all know what a solid season as a teen can do to your market value - Ryan Sessegnon was being quoted at 100m a year ago! These players are on the fringes of an Arsenal first team, their market value will rocket.

How good was it yesterday to see Enery trust the youngsters?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Balogun with another hattrick. The next one exploding. Crazy academy right now
It was a hattrick of penalties funnily enough but he won two of them. He's a huge threat and another promising CF. That's 3 we now have behind Auba and Laca. Balogun is a bit similar to Akpom - decent height, very quick, good dribbler and clever movement - but I think he's a more composed finisher than Akpom. Seems to have a real ruthless streak in him, doesn't mess around.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It was a hattrick of penalties funnily enough but he won two of them. He's a huge threat and another promising CF. That's 3 we now have behind Auba and Laca. Balogun is a bit similar to Akpom - decent height, very quick, good dribbler and clever movement - but I think he's a more composed finisher than Akpom. Seems to have a real ruthless streak in him, doesn't mess around.
Any chance of seeing him in League Cup this season or is it likelier he will have to wait one more season?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Any chance of seeing him in League Cup this season or is it likelier he will have to wait one more season?
Small chance exists. He was slightly fortunate tonight because John-Jules was recovering from a knock (per Jeorge Bird) but he's made the most of the opportunity. Maybe an appearance off the bench is possible, but likelier is John-Jules getting that nod ahead of Balogun. John-Jules is the more rounded CF of the two, and is also more physically ready to challenge adult defenders but Balogun is very quick and carving a reputation for himself at this level as a pure sharpshooter. He may even best Nketiah's exploits at this level, which would be really intriguing.

Kingofthebongo

I'm far from suggesting that these players have already made it my friend, but we all know what a solid season as a teen can do to your market value - Ryan Sessegnon was being quoted at 100m a year ago! These players are on the fringes of an Arsenal first team, their market value will rocket.

How good was it yesterday to see Enery trust the youngsters?

Loved it. Made the dullness of the actual game extremely watchable. We all want to study these youngsters with a keen and hopeful eye. They are like our little projects.

truth_hurts

As we approach the halfway stage of the season, Guendouzi is an established first teamer and arguably (I'd argue against) is in our starting 11. Saka and Martinelli have seized their chances when given in the first team. Maitland-Niles and Willock whilst being hit and miss have had a first team presence. Although having a lesser impact on our season, Nelson, ESR, Nketiah and Salibah look full of promise.

When you factor in Leno and Aubameyang have been our only consistent first teamers - is it time to bed the youngsters in this season?

Think I'm comfortable with Guendouzi, Martinelli and Salibah starting next season, with Willock and NkwtiahNbeing first choice back up. I'd happily sell some of our so called experienced stars in Sokratis, Xhaka and Lacazette in order to build a youthful team for the future. Thoughts?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
As we approach the halfway stage of the season, Guendouzi is an established first teamer and arguably (I'd argue against) is in our starting 11. Saka and Martinelli have seized their chances when given in the first team. Maitland-Niles and Willock whilst being hit and miss have had a first team presence. Although having a lesser impact on our season, Nelson, ESR, Nketiah and Salibah look full of promise.

When you factor in Leno and Aubameyang have been our only consistent first teamers - is it time to bed the youngsters in this season?

Think I'm comfortable with Guendouzi, Martinelli and Salibah starting next season, with Willock and NkwtiahNbeing first choice back up. I'd happily sell some of our so called experienced stars in Sokratis, Xhaka and Lacazette in order to build a youthful team for the future. Thoughts?
The experience they will gain in a write-off season like this could be fruitful for them as long as expectations are tempered by all. It gives us a chance to build a squad with these guys and then add over the next couple of windows by selling off the bigger assets and rebuilding. I've been an advocate for this for a very long time so I'm very obviously for this.

truth_hurts

The experience they will gain in a write-off season like this could be fruitful for them as long as expectations are tempered by all. It gives us a chance to build a squad with these guys and then add over the next couple of windows by selling off the bigger assets and rebuilding. I've been an advocate for this for a very long time so I'm very obviously for this.

Agree, our experienced players have let us down. Time to build around the young players.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom