• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | December 15, 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I completely understand why @Riou is so nostalgic. The future looks so bleak.

images

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Alright lads I'm tuning out of Arsenal for the rest of the season, A divorce and three kids in, ****ty new Star Wars sequels, there's only take so much disappointment I can take at my age.
Hang on bro. It's best to take it lightly regarding footy, it's not even what it was 10-15 years ago

OneAW!

The board's years of penny pinching was masked by Wenger's brilliance. Now we need to spend like crazy while being astute.
The board will do none of these

This is why Wenger left he got tired of the bullshit. Working for an owner with absolutely no ambition must've been soul sapping.

Dj_sds -

Emery destroyed this team before going. We l need a strong manager & a lot of new players to change this. The board's years of penny pinching was masked by Wenger's brilliance. Now we need to spend like crazy while being astute.
The board will do none of these

Funny how this brilliant man couldn't find another job even though he basically begged for it through the media for two years straight.

ScotsGooner89

Absolute shambles of a team. The youngsters are diabolical too. They are the ones who shouldn’t care that it’s 0-3 and keep running, keep pressing try to impress and break into the 11. Smith Rowe seems to have the tools but doesn’t have the attitude. I’d honestly take just under market value for 95% of our squad and start over. The general coaching of the squad is poor too, the most disjointed version of a press I’ve ever seen. So easy to pass it around in little triangles and all of a sudden have a wing back or winger in acres of space. Not one time do you see us manage to do that to teams because 1. Our passing is **** & 2. Other teams are far more coordinated.

Still love martinelli though, he’s genuinely the only thing about us that brings a smile to my face. Whoever he deservedly gets his move to in 1-2 years, might just start supporting them.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

This is a funny argument. No one is saying that paying more for a player makes them better. The squad cost argument is that if you have the ability to pay more money, you are more able to buy the best players. You disagree with that?
I disagree with it as an absolute.

There is a lot that goes into making a team. Fundamentally I believe having a good manager is more important than an expensive squad.

Man City are a good example recently. Theyve spent a lot but only recently won back to back leagues, the first team to do it this decade. Something we failed to do. Some will say their squad cost alot but so did our own and we havent exactly been great. Even when we were great we didnt do that.

Outside of a manager the ability to spend is important. But again spending wisely is equally as important. Weve spent s lot on injured players like Tierney ;) @Furious weve spent a lot poorly and we havent really developed anyone. Liverpool conversely have spent 8m on Robertson nothing on TAA 35m each on Salah and Mane, effectively what we spent on Pepe. Point 1 comes back in to this. A good manager. Of course people will say VVd and Allison again I'll say point 1, a good manager. Weve spent wisely on 4 key positions and identified we need 2 other positions filled. Let's go spend big on the right players.

Now yes the ability to continually regurgitate gives some advantages. But not many. City sign a dud manager and buy his players they are stuck. New manager new players. Bloated squad. FFP problems.

The most important component is the manager. Get that right then your squad cost/net spend doesnt matter.

Sane__

Funny how this brilliant man couldn't find another job even though he basically begged for it through the media for two years straight.
You really believe Wenger received no managerial offers from no clubs at all? Hilarious.
Did Bayern not make him an offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom