• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | December 15, 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Özil cost the game, Arsenal has no two Kante's behind him. Özil broke every offensive/defensive balance we could have. ESM played as an proper attacking midfield really, Özil is a forward, and we all know that an forward is not judged for what he fails to do or for his mistakes, he is judged for anything else. Özil costs what Arsenal cannot offer. Özil made Torreira and Guendouzi look a thousand times worse than they are.
Lol this!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
-3 goal difference now...wonder when the last time we finished with a negative goal difference was :lol:

Nice to see the fans singing for their team at the end.

The bottom line is that we're just not a good team any more. Too many past their sell by date and some who've never really been good enough. Add to that the young players that we're giving chances to (which I fully agree with) and I doubt even top 6 is reachable this season.

Just for poops n giggles, I'm going to rate the players today.

Leno 7
AMN 4
Sokratis 4
Chambers 3
Kolasinac 6 (Saka 6)
Guendouzi 5
Torreira 5 (Willock - not on long enough to get a rating)
Özil 3 (Smith-Rowe 6)
Pepe 5
Aubameyang 5
Martinelli 6

Gooner_girl14

Özil 2013> KDB. Can't compare between both because of age difference but feeling Özil time at top level is nearly done

Probably, but I'd like to see us put a proper, functional midfield and defence behind our front 4. It was annoying listening to the commentators compare Özil and De Bruyne - there's no doubt that De Bruyne is miles ahead these days but we have literally no midfield and defence. The ease with which City (and pretty much every team the last couple of seasons) were able to just bypass our midfield is criminal. We put up such little resistance, we have no physicality or power at all in the middle of the park. Look at how deep Özil, Martinelli, Pepe often had to come to even get the ball...

WiscoGooner8

The most annoying thing is we weren’t bad in the 1st half. Unlike what media & ironically the scoreline, KDB was utter crap as was Sterling. They were clinical af, we weren’t. Özil wasn’t terrible actually. I never question the man's ability but It's clear he doesn’t give a crap anymore about football in general & busy with political controversies. I genuinely don't think he can ever motivate himself to play the way he can play. Martinelli was good. Midfield & defense need new personnel & proper coaching(which is shameful to say).
I actually think Özil does care about football a lot, look at him punting his gloves after coming off or when he kicked a locker after a game when Wenger was here. It just doesn’t seem to carry over into his work rate or aggressiveness on field.

Sane__

Wenger himself said he was never a candidate for the job lol

And you believe that? When has Wenger openly discussed on going business. Even when signing players he would deny so.

Like I said before, you honestly believe he has received zero offers? Then you must be delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom