• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | December 15, 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OneAW!

I think we were postponing the inevitable really.

I would have given Wenger the funds but with a clear deadline where he would provide a clear succession structure.

I cannot insult Arsène, but I think a man of his vision should have taken more control of the succession structure at the club. Arsène stayed on too long and took it to a point where he took a lot of expertise with him when he was sacked.

Ah now we are blaming Arsène for the things that go wrong even after he left. Some people are good at spinning narratives. If he had stayed and left the club on his terms off course he would have left the club in good nick. Nothing in his history would suggest otherwise.

The problem is that Arsène was forced out against his will before he could set such a structure up. Sanllehi was obviously brought in to replace Dein since Gaz was a rubbish transfer/contract negotiator. Problem is the owner has no balls/ambition and simultaneously brought in Mislintat. The owner seems to have encouraged both Arsène and Gazidis to set up alternate structures in some sort of stand off.

Gazidis used the poor end to season 17/18, (caused by his own failure to extend Özil and Sanchez's contracts [Ramsey too but somewhat later] at an earlier date and lower cost, and Arsène's own frustrations with Kroenke to force him out.

Kroenke then panicked and put the kibosh on an inexperienced manager like Arteta. Gaz pivots and gets Emery, but its not enough, Wenger's shoes are too big to fill.

Kroenke then gets mad with Gaz and sacks him, (think the Milan thing was just Gaz landing on his feet), perhaps with a little persuading from Raul, and voila here we are.

The only solution is Kroenke OUT!

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Nice to see the fans singing for their team at the end.

The bottom line is that we're just not a good team any more. Too many past their sell by date and some who've never really been good enough. Add to that the young players that we're giving chances to (which I fully agree with) and I doubt even top 6 is reachable this season.

Just for poops n giggles, I'm going to rate the players today.

Leno 7
AMN 4
Sokratis 4
Chambers 3
Kolasinac 6 (Saka 6)
Guendouzi 5
Torreira 5 (Willock - not on long enough to get a rating)
Özil 3 (Smith-Rowe 6)
Pepe 5
Aubameyang 5
Martinelli 6

Leno 6
AMN 4
Sokratis 4
Chambers - 3 Sell
Kolasinac 4 (Saka 6)
Guendouzi 4
Torreira 5
Özil 4 (3 as AM, 5 as a forward) (ESR 5)
Pepe 5
Auba 5
Martinelli 5

Freddie - 3 Sell

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
The game's gone. Özil always has a target on his back due to his wages, and he wasn't having a great game. I'm not sure what Freddie was going for bringing ESR on instead of Laca, but it's likely not to matter one bit anyway.
It's likely to matter as likelihood is Laca is going to want out and he is not one of our weaker players. There's no justice in the world if that's the case as at least he puts a shift in and scores important goals for us.

Reactions: Jae

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Pep's body language was so funny - the dude genuinely felt sorry for us

Feel sorry for him too...I mean how can he possibly compete with the likes of Liverpool and Leicester with nobodies like Bernardo Silva and Mahrez on the bench, barely spent a billion pounds in three and a half years too...poor guy...

Bald ****.

OSBK

Established Member
Here we go for today!

Leno- 7 dude doesnt deserve this
Amn- 4 woeful
Chambers- 4 not good enough for the big teams
Sok- 4 same every week, poor
Kola- 6 this guy drives me nuts, poor defender, poor attacker but his driving bursts create oppurtinity.
Torry- 5 outclassed and outnumbered
Doozi- 4 too much for him right now
Özil- 1 great volley in his gloves on the way off
Pepe- 6 wide guys were outnumbered always
Martinelli- 7 ran out of steam but fought like a lion
Auba- 2 he has no cf traits. He cant head it, he cant hold it, he cant fight and create a situation. Good player, wrong team.

Freddie- it was niave with the lineup. He picked a team to take city on. Its ok saying freddie is learning etc but these performances weekly are killing us. We messed up badly not getting jose, we need experience now and we need the siege menality.

Mohamed7

I don't understand how you lot are blaming Özil for the loss. Chambers, Kola, and Guenzy had absolute brainfart in the three goals. You cannot blame the offensive players when defense is this bad.

It is not the style of Özil to chase defenders all game. He's a creative player who goes into finding spaces for quick attacks. As a coach, you must fit your gameplan to the players you have.

WiscoGooner8

Yawn. You're just name dropping some players. Next year you'll find some new ones to fault.

I was just mirroring the poster.
No, I listed the players that occupy the center of the field and are responsible from preventing Leno from facing the gauntlet every game. Torreira might have been unfair, but the rest are garbage. Granted, no one really has looked good all year, only flashes.

Gooner_girl14

I actually think Özil does care about football a lot, look at him punting his gloves after coming off or when he kicked a locker after a game when Wenger was here. It just doesn’t seem to carry over into his work rate or aggressiveness on field.

Özil has never been an 'aggressive' kind of player or someone who's going to do a lot of tracking back. It's never been his style, so I'm always baffled why people expect this of him. He has always been more of an elegant footballer, someone who makes the game look easy. The problem is that our midfield and defence - who are supposed to be aggressive - aren't. We have no power in CB or CM positions, we are weak. Look at how easily City ran past our midfield for their goals, and teams worse than City have done the same so often. Özil deserves his fair share of criticism and it was definitely a poor decision to give him the wages we did, but we have much bigger problems in CM and CB to fix before we can think about Özil.

WiscoGooner8

Özil has never been an 'aggressive' kind of player or someone who's going to do a lot of tracking back. It's never been his style, so I'm always baffled why people expect this of him. He has always been more of an elegant footballer, someone who makes the game look easy. The problem is that our midfield and defence - who are supposed to be aggressive - aren't. We have no power in CB or CM positions, we are weak. Look at how easily City ran past our midfield for their goals, and teams worse than City have done the same so often. Özil deserves his fair share of criticism and it was definitely a poor decision to give him the wages we did, but we have much bigger problems in CM and CB to fix before we can think about Özil.
Agreed 100%. Get new CB and CM and all of a sudden Özil, Pepe, Laca and Auba won’t have any reason to get criticized.

Dj_sds -

And you believe that? When has Wenger openly discussed on going business. Even when signing players he would deny so.

Like I said before, you honestly believe he has received zero offers? Then you must be delusional.

Arsène Wenger on Bayern Munich job: "I was never a candidate, I had been approached but I am not in the running for the job." Asked if that means he will never manage again: "No, not necessarily." (BeIN)

Still saying he will manage again one day, like hes said for two years straight. This was weeks before he took the job at fifa. If he was swimming in offers he would be in a dugout by now, those are just facts.

Gooner_girl14

It's likely to matter as likelihood is Laca is going to want out and he is not one of our weaker players. There's no justice in the world if that's the case as at least he puts a shift in and scores important goals for us.

The rumours about Laca wanting out have been swirling before this game, I don't think this game changed anything there. I do wonder why Laca didn't come on, as to put on ESR looks like Freddie had just given up on the game and didn't want to risk Laca for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom