• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | December 15, 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
The rumours about Laca wanting out have been swirling before this game, I don't think this game changed anything there. I do wonder why Laca didn't come on, as to put on ESR looks like Freddie had just given up on the game and didn't want to risk Laca for some reason.
He's been left on the bench for kids when we needed a goal. Nothing at all against the kids but he could have bought us some pride with a goal or two. Suspect Freddie just preferred to give the kids a run out against some top opposition, don't know what that means for his relationship with Laca though.

Leeroy1979

He's been left on the bench for kids when we needed a goal. Nothing at all against the kids but he could have bought us some pride with a goal or two. Suspect Freddie just preferred to give the kids a run out against some top opposition, don't know what that means for his relationship with Laca though.
I agree it's a worrying state of affairs. Pissing of a 50 million quid striker who will get us goals just to give will ok a run doesn't seem like great forward thinking by freddie

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Only a fool could blame the CAM as the core of the problem. We need to analyze this as a team. And the team isn’t working firstly in the CMs... Torreira is trying but he is so shy for the ball, last win he lost that stupid fear he has and he connected midfield with attack. The other CM is non existent, we need a powerful b2b who can defend... we don’t. Douzy has no brain at defending, he is slow and sometimes looks like he is mad of paper.

Defense is disastrous, cero managing work there. Kola looked like a kid who never watches his back, everyone running behind him and he only watched the ball.

Basically we lack the most basics of football. Pass between foes, move without the ball to the spaces, and be awareness. These players forgot how to play football. They need to relearn the freaking basics.

shootxhakashoot

I agree it's a worrying state of affairs. Pissing of a 50 million quid striker who will get us goals just to give will ok a run doesn't seem like great forward thinking by freddie
At least he's a sale able asset unlike some of the detritus we put out to represent Arsenal.

Gooner_girl14

Agreed 100%. Get new CB and CM and all of a sudden Özil, Pepe, Laca and Auba won’t have any reason to get criticized.

Everyone deserves criticism when we're in our worst form in 40 years - from the players to the board. But our front 4 is top 4-6 material, surely. Our biggest problems are in CM and CB positions. IMO we could have Messi in this team and we wouldn't be any better off overall.

Went to the gym and then had dinner with my grandmother instead of watching the game. Manage to follow some of the comments between sets. But even if I wasn't expecting anything tonight it sad to see all of you so depressed.

I think it will have to get a little worse before it start to healing again. 2020 will be the year of progress hopefully! I still have faith in Freddie, but like I said in the summer. The manager is hugely let down by our terrible transfers windows in recent years. Raul is a lucky man!

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Can't see us being in Europe at all next season. I doubt we win the EL and there are just too many teams better than us right now.

Gooner_girl14

Only a fool could blame the CAM as the core of the problem. We need to analyze this as a team. And the team isn’t working firstly in the CMs... Torreira is trying but he is so shy for the ball, last win he lost that stupid fear he has and he connected midfield with attack. The other CM is non existent, we need a powerful b2b who can defend... we don’t. Douzy has no brain at defending, he is slow and sometimes looks like he is mad of paper.

Defense is disastrous, cero managing work there. Kola looked like a kid who never watches his back, everyone running behind him and he only watched the ball.

Basically we lack the most basics of football. Pass between foes, move without the ball to the spaces, and be awareness. These players forgot how to play football. They need to relearn the freaking basics.

Regarding Kola - I watched the 2nd goal again and there was an unfortunate deflection that came off Chambers which put the ball right into Sterling's path. I agree he looked like he didn't even know Sterling was there and we were in shambles anyway, but that was a little unlucky.

Token Yank

It’s pretty simple. We need a midfield. Torreira is ****. Can’t cover any ground in an open game. Doesn’t have any trickery, doesn’t dictate tempo on control the game. I rate Guendouzi but he is still a kid. We need some athletes in the middle of the pitch. Ndidi, Doucoure, even someone like Scott McTominey (makes me sick saying it). We have no legs or athleticism in the middle of the field. Guendouzi has some but is often trying to cover for everyone, also his passing can be a bit slow. Teams just walk through the middle of the pitch against us. Also, we don’t have a base to attack from. Özil and Pepe have to drop back to get the ball.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Everyone deserves criticism when we're in our worst form in 40 years - from the players to the board. But our front 4 is top 4-6 material, surely. Our biggest problems are in CM and CB positions. IMO we could have Messi in this team and we wouldn't be any better off overall.
Yes, football basics. Move without the ball, look forward and stop playing to CBs every time. I count more than 10 times Douzy has a clear pass to Özil or Lucas and he taked 3 secs or more to pass the ball to the freaking CB. That slows everything. And put pressure on the team

bandaid

said it at the start...Doozi at CM means the other team gets a free run at our goal.

its alarming how low our technical quality has dropped.

boyinneedofhumor

Question: how vocal can Leno be?

I'm not adverse to him snarling at the others, as an a.l.p.h.a for our back line.
Considering the various combination we've tried out yet didn't work.

(Edit: a.l.p.h.a without the dots in btw becomes some other word upon posting?)

Last edited:

shootxhakashoot

Nobody is saying the Cam is the core of the problem. It might help if he did work a tiny bit harder though and have some effect on the game. The best example of this was on display for the opposition today, dynamic, powerful, hungry and always going forward with every pass and run. Defence is disastrous as is the midfield, we need a careful clear out (or firesale if necessary for deadwood that no one wants to buy) and to sign the type of players we haven't for all the last 15 years of Wenger and Emery. This will involve an acceptance by some that the clubs playing philosophy needs to change from "the arsenal way" that still gets carted out. We need a manager who can fix the defence and DM/b2b positions and add some steel and hunger back in the spine of our team, those two things go hand in hand. We never replaced Viera or tried to with a like for like. This is first priority.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Went to the gym and then had dinner with my grandmother instead of watching the game. Manage to follow some of the comments between sets. But even if I wasn't expecting anything tonight it sad to see all of you so depressed.

I think it will have to get a little worse before it start to healing again. 2020 will be the year of progress hopefully! I still have faith in Freddie, but like I said in the summer. The manager is hugely let down by our terrible transfers windows in recent years. Raul is a lucky man!

Somehow you never showed the same backing for Emery. Freddie has been worse than him.

Agenda driven posting at its best.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Wasn't that long ago that the Emirates was our fortress. I'd have faith in being able to beat the likes of City and any CL team that visited us.

Nowadays it's an empty shell where City have an easier game than if they went to Norwich. And teams like Brighton and Aston Villa can outscore us.

Though I still feel our team isn't as bad as they seem to be every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom