• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | December 15, 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Went to the gym and then had dinner with my grandmother instead of watching the game. Manage to follow some of the comments between sets. But even if I wasn't expecting anything tonight it sad to see all of you so depressed.

I think it will have to get a little worse before it start to healing again. 2020 will be the year of progress hopefully! I still have faith in Freddie, but like I said in the summer. The manager is hugely let down by our terrible transfers windows in recent years. Raul is a lucky man!

Hope the grandmother is doing well hydro!

LG10

It’s pretty simple. We need a midfield. Torreira is ****. Can’t cover any ground in an open game. Doesn’t have any trickery, doesn’t dictate tempo on control the game. I rate Guendouzi but he is still a kid. We need some athletes in the middle of the pitch. Ndidi, Doucoure, even someone like Scott McTominey (makes me sick saying it). We have no legs or athleticism in the middle of the field. Guendouzi has some but is often trying to cover for everyone, also his passing can be a bit slow. Teams just walk through the middle of the pitch against us. Also, we don’t have a base to attack from. Özil and Pepe have to drop back to get the ball.
Yep doucoure is a must, stock has gone down a little with Watford's abysmal season and he'll definitely want to leave after this season. Top class two way midfielder.

ksarp

Y’all are missing the key point here. You could get Wynaldum abd Fabinho in a double 6 pivot and we’d still be leaking, why? Because defense starts at the top especially in a 4 3 3. Look at the first goal, transitional defense was non existent.. u should see Aubameyang’s effort in that series of plays.

Until we play as a unit too down, it doesn’t matter who’s at the 6.

Ashybashy86

So you gonna leave Freddie alone like that again
Fools. It was evident for a while the performances/results were not good enough, but they waited until it became toxic with the fans and panicked. Now they’re scrambling trying to find someone available and good enough. That’s what happens when you’re not proactive.

Gooner_girl14

Y’all are missing the key point here. You could get Wynaldum abd Fabinho in a double 6 pivot and we’d still be leaking, why? Because defense starts at the top especially in a 4 3 3. Look at the first goal, transitional defense was non existent.. u should see Aubameyang’s effort in that series of plays.

Until we play as a unit too down, it doesn’t matter who’s at the 6.

Have to disagree. I think Wynaldum & Fabinho would come a long way in improving our -3 goal difference lol. I agree that we do need to defend much better as a team, but we have no strong tacklers, ball winners or players who can break up play in the most important areas of the park - CM and CB. Our CMs and CBs are also poor 1v1 defenders, and are often error prone. As others have said, we need more pace, athleticism, strength and physicality in CM and CB positions. We are so slow and weak there, can't believe our recruitment has been so bad the last few seasons in those areas.

Leeroy1979

Have to disagree. I think Wynaldum & Fabinho would come a long way in improving our -3 goal difference lol. I agree that we do need to defend much better as a team, but we have no strong tacklers, ball winners or players who can break up play in the most important areas of the park - CM and CB. Our CMs and CBs are also poor 1v1 defenders, and are often error prone. As others have said, we need more pace, athleticism, strength and physicality in CM and CB positions. We are so slow and weak there, can't believe our recruitment has been so bad the last few seasons in those areas.
Agree but recruitment in those areas has been poor since viera and petit left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom