• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Manchester City | December 15, 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Bear

I don't think we played badly with the ball , actually one of our better performances in building play but the off the ball stuff is completely acceptable at any level of football .
I really think "off the ball" we are the worst team in the prem, us and West Ham.

We are talented when we have it, but when the other team has it then its just a huge panic, De Bryne could just shoot on sight, they just let him run and run and run and do whatever he wants, he honestly could have beat our entire midfield just on his own, didn't need the other City midfielders at all, its like we are just mannequins

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I really think "off the ball" we are the worst team in the prem, us and West Ham.

We are talented when we have it, but when the other team has it then its just a huge panic, De Bryne could just shoot on sight, they just let him run and run and run and do whatever he wants, he honestly could have beat our entire midfield just on his own, didn't need the other City midfielders at all, its like we are just mannequins

Yup agree it was disgusting and on the other end we were getting tactically fouled all over the pitch . Someone needed to put one on Rodri or Walker, but not one yellow did we kop. We actually conceded a goal from them injuring one of our players .

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
What`s funny is that Pep claimed on the press conferance after the game that City played "much better" against United than what they did against us.. even though City were outplayed by United in the first half of that game and United defended really well in the second half. To be honest, i find that comment by Pep to be humiliating.

City are actually not playing well. We're just making them look awfully better than they are.
Any other team, and they probably wouldn't have scored.

Joestlaachmkr

I don't think we played badly with the ball , actually one of our better performances in building play but the off the ball stuff is completely ùnacceptable at any level of football .
I can agree with that, but it doesn`t matter if we dont create anything. City had the ball 59% of the game, they also had 8 shots on target while we had 1.

boyinneedofhumor

Yeah I thought the passing was as goid as it has been this year.
Trying to find a suitable analogy...
(Here's a shot... no matter how bad it is...)

It's like that presentation one laid out during the opening moments. Looks good.
Might be able to get it over the line.

Until minutes later one casually touches on an Achilles heel (more than once). The other party notices it and whole meeting takes on a different focus.
No amount of effort subsequently is able to convincingly sway the presentation back to its intended points and positivity...

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I can agree with that, but it doesn`t matter if we dont create anything. City had the ball 59% of the game, they also had 8 shots on target while we had 1.

It is something build on and that is all . No we didn't create so its something we have to find solutions too , Didn't help they took turns to tactcial foul and our bunch of snowflakes lost confidence .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Trying to find a suitable analogy...
(Here's a shot... no matter how bad it is...)

It's like that presentation one laid out during the opening moments. Looks good.
Might be able to get it over the line.

Until minutes later one casually touches on an Achilles heel (more than once). The other party notices it and whole meeting takes on a different focus.
No amount of effort subsequently is able to convincingly sway the presentation back to its intended points and positivity...

I think your are trying to say theyre a bunch of pussies :lol:

Last edited:

Wryer

The team has completely lost trust in themselves and in one another. Defensively that is a recipe for disaster. They can put in all the hard work at a personal level, but once you lose that trust, you just can't catch up.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

That was another terrible performance, this team is just falling further & further behind in organisation & defensive skills. I think it is all starting from the top, something needs to be done with the board & Stan Kroenke out otherwise I fear what is going to become still of this club.

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear an Arteta announcement during the week considering his looks during the game, also got me wondering what Pep was talking to Freddie about for a few minutes after the game, I saw them having a chat & a laugh straight after the game, that got me wondering whether we will hear an announcement soon.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Defense was bad as expected but we played well until their 3rd, considering the opposition, imo. Some insane finishing from KDB killed us but they were surprisingly bad for being city

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I think City played the game only in 1st gear, and not in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th gear.
Definitely in the second half, that was basically a 45 min training session for them. They weren’t that good in the first half though and the should’ve been carded much earlier if a competent ref was present so we’d actually have a chance at attacking them without being fouled. They killed so many attacks for us with their fouling, I’m not sure how they’re still getting away with that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

He always goes on about the badge getting changed, even though we went unbeaten with the cannon facing the way it is now :lol:

I preferred the older badge too, and wish they didn’t change it...but he makes it sound like we changed the badge then immediately got ****.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I must have been watching a different game to everyone else. Yes we weren't great, but I think the overall game was fairly even between the two sides other than the three pieces of magic from De Bruyne. Could easily have been 0-0 if Prince Harry wasn't playing tbh.

Agreed. They carved us open at will and it only remained at 3 because they couldn’t be bothered in the 2nd half. We didn’t have a single shot on target after the first minute.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We've had way worse games this season. City are just that much better than us currently. Both De Bruyne's goals were very good strikes but we gave them the play for the first 2 goals.

There shouldn’t ever be a gulf of the magnitude we saw yesterday between us and any other side in this league let alone one that is light years behind the leaders.

It wasn’t just de Bruyne’s goals, it was his ball control, awareness and composure in tight spaces. We used to be renowned for our technical ability but the two players who came off the bench for City - Bernardo and Mahrez would instantly be our most technically gifted.

We’ve made some very bad choices with our recruitment over several years and this is the outcome.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Defense was bad as expected but we played well until their 3rd, considering the opposition, imo. Some insane finishing from KDB killed us but they were surprisingly bad for being city
And they still beat us 3-0.

Arsenal at home has become Everton away for top 6 teams. Might potentially be tricky but you’ll have a good chance of securing three points. We might actually be worse.

I don’t know if it’s personnel or structure but it’s no exaggeration to say we have the worst off the ball defence – especially in midfield – in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom