• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We need to get him receiving the ball in the final third with momentum or just one man to beat

That's how he scored his goal

Been too few chances like that all season
Could still count on your hands how many of those there have been. Emery was so clueless in attack.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Did anyone else noticed that someone in the group made a not so pleasant scream when celebrating Pepes goal? Could it be that

arsmile

Established Member
I worry about him

just seems completely one dimensional.

I don't see how he can contribute to the pattern of play...he might come up against a **** defender who lets him cut inside so he can band one in the top corner- but he certainly dooes not seem to have like- ideas or options

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I worry about him

just seems completely one dimensional.

I don't see how he can contribute to the pattern of play...he might come up against a **** defender who lets him cut inside so he can band one in the top corner- but he certainly dooes not seem to have like- ideas or options

One dimensional? The guy was doing drag back nut megs.

Every time he receives the ball he has nobody anywhere near him. He has to hold off or beat a man to play a simple pass. He needs a centre forward who can hold the ball better than both Auba and Lacazette.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sky Sports pundits were largely blaming Pepe for the first two goals we conceded.
Anyone agree with them?

He was partly to blame. Lost the ball cheaply for one and backed off about 20 yards for the other.

Our press is appalling.

scytheavatar

Established Member
One dimensional? The guy was doing drag back nut megs.

Every time he receives the ball he has nobody anywhere near him. He has to hold off or beat a man to play a simple pass. He needs a centre forward who can hold the ball better than both Auba and Lacazette.

Sanchez score goals even without "drag back nutmegs" and with multiple defenders surrounding him..... who cares about useless party tricks?

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
He tries too much. I wouldn't say he is one dimensional because he's also demonstrated plenty of good passing technique and some vision.

Our players aren't busting a gut to make themselves available, so when it gets to the wings the options are so limited. He's not been perfect but he's also not been one of our worse performers this season. I still think he's one to keep admidst a clear out, but naturally hoped for so much better when he joined.

progman07

Established Member
Sky Sports pundits were largely blaming Pepe for the first two goals we conceded.
Anyone agree with them?
He made mistakes there, but the bigger picture is, the team lacks any kind of direction. Our front four doesn't press properly, it could have been Aubameyang or Özil who did not close down Fernardinho there. Until there is a clear tactic these young players won't know when to press or stand off (although Pepe basically doesn't put any energy into defending right now).

Plutarch

Pepe is OK, I wouldn't say he was bad, but I think we'd have been much better off with Zaha. He seems to me like a much more effective Premier League player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom