• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Le Grove making the case for Arteta (thread).

Lovely thread.

This is a risky, but exciting appointment. I sincerely hope we give Mikel the backing he deserves, and allow him to build a young, dynamic team.

We would need a lot of patience though, I am willing to give this man 5 years, specifically the next 18 months just stabilising us as a top 6-10 team again.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can we sign Arteta and send him out on loan for a season or two?

Just to make sure he's got a clue.
We honestly got nothing to lose we are in rebuild mode no matter what the results are top managers want everything ready for them big transfer budget don't think we are in this position to do so

Pepes blue pill

That was a masterclass getting the city boys to take it easy on us in the 2nd half yesterday, Arteta doing good things before he is even appointed :Celebration::bounce:

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
When was the last time a manager got their first gig at a big club with no experience AT ALL?

This just doesn't happen.

David O'Leary stepping up from Assistant Manager to manage Leeds (when they were still considered big) after George Graham left.

Took em to the UCL semi-finals.

And bankrupted them in the process.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
All managers are a gamble. Allegri and Simeone don’t know the language.

Pochettino hasn’t won much, and would probably prefer to wait for someone else to come calling.

Ancelotti hasn’t exactly looked great at his recent clubs.

Everyone else linked feels like Emery lite. Arteta might not fix the defence but I’m sure the attack will be much more effective.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Let's see how the club will spin this now that Gazidis and his big bald claims are not around anymore.

Hmmm, wonder if the club will be low key about this, selling the long term plan, etc etc.

Is Mark Gonella bald?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Let's see how the club will spin this now that Gazidis and his big bald claims are not around anymore.

Hmmm, wonder if the club will be low key about this, selling the long term plan, etc etc.

Is Mark Gonella bald?

Ffs just checked and he is. We're doomed!

Reactions: A_G

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Lovely thread.

This is a risky, but exciting appointment. I sincerely hope we give Mikel the backing he deserves, and allow him to build a young, dynamic team.

We would need a lot of patience though, I am willing to give this man 5 years, specifically the next 18 months just stabilising us as a top 6-10 team again.

They do make some good points, even though it comes across as though they're advocating for sainthood. It is a gamble, for sure. I'd have liked to have seen him get some experience elsewhere before taking on Arsenal. But he has a lot to recommend him and it could pay off. I do think it will be easier for him now (despite the mess, or maybe because of it) than had he followed Arsène. Following a legend is an almost impossible task. But it will take time and patience. I hope Arsenal fans will give him that and fully support him.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Arteta was the one who turned Delph into a strong Lb. Laughs in Saka and AMN.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
They do make some good points, even though it comes across as though they're advocating for sainthood. It is a gamble, for sure. I'd have liked to have seen him get some experience elsewhere before taking on Arsenal. But he has a lot to recommend him and it could pay off. I do think it will be easier for him now (despite the mess, or maybe because of it) than had he followed Arsène. Following a legend is an almost impossible task. But it will take time and patience. I hope Arsenal fans will give him that and fully support him.

The fans are going to turn on Arteta, make no mistake about that.

We need to hold firm over the next three years or so, I think our pressure needs to be directed at the board as they are the ones who can seriously derail a proper rebuilding of this club on the pitch. Its as soon as the next transfer window where we need to be making noise.

TheIceman85

Pep’s buddy. Looking forward to seeing Phil Foden for us on loan next season.

Bring Arteta in, lower expectations for this season. Give him the time and freedom to shape a team with a clear style of play, focussing on younger players. Coach them well from the beginning, slowly phase out the dead wood and bring in some intelligent players with technical ability who are willing to learn and improve. Don’t need a huge transfer/wage budget, just need a talented visionary manager and some patience. Bit like when Wenger first joined us. Although he did inherited a slightly better defensive unit than the one we currently have...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom