• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
The best part is that The Athletic pretends to be some super exclusive high grade journalism yet they just pluck a bunch of drunk beat writers from failing newspapers and force you to pay more for the content.

Shambolic stuff.

They hired Ornstein, not Benge.

Preacher

Always Crying
Nonetheless City will release Arteta with their blessing, although Arsenal will be required to pay at least £1m in compensation. Arteta has been mooted as a successor to Pep and City have made it clear that they will monitor his progress if he takes the Arsenal job [@guardian]

Looks like there is some truth in talks that compensation will be seven figures.

Joestlaachmkr

Fair point but the ethos that we entertain should be the accepted vision of all involved going forward. Maybe not recreate but revamp ?
Yeah, but i also think most Gooners are tired of seeing entertaining football without results. Wenger became hugely successful because he had a different philosophy and played football in a totally different way than what we had previously done, it`s not like "Wengerball" is part of our DNA.

Liverpool tried for a number of years to find back to the Kenny Dalglish era by hiring managers who had the same philosophy as Dalglish or ex-players who played under Dalglish, but it didn`t work out. Man United are now trying to recreate "the United way" under SAF and MUs fall from the top during the last 5 years is very similar to what Liverpool experienced during the early to mid 90s. I fear we are going down the same route.

nas7232

When we got emery I'd have never picked arteta but when you see how bad emery did compared to the reports about arteta and his work ethic, I feel arteta is a good upgrade. It's a shame because post wenger, we would have been able to get poch if he was free but now no high level manager wants to go near us. People talking about howe being manager is as bad as david Moyes taking over from fergie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom