• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Everton vs Arsenal | Saturday 21st December | KO: 12:30 | BT Sport

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Wouldn't say ****, maybe disappointing...still finished third, only behind Chelsea and United, who were better than us anyway...finished ahead of 'arry's Sp**s though, and this was the last year we won a Champions League knockout game ffs :lol:

It was a good season in retrospect now, but as @Notorious Big mentioned, the run-in crumble was extremely tough pill to swallow.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Wouldn't say ****, maybe disappointing...still finished third, only behind Chelsea and United, who were better than us anyway...finished ahead of 'arry's Sp**s though, and this was the last year we won a Champions League knockout game ffs :lol:

Had some quality young players, played quality football and at least the future looked bright then for us,

I like that team much more than this one.

I know half of those players betrayed us in one way or another,but really can't find something speical about this group right now.They play with zero passion and don't give **** about Arsenal.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I like that team much more than this one.

I know half of those players betrayed us in one way or another,but really can't find something speical about this group right now.They play with zero passion and don't give **** about Arsenal.

Song-Diaby
Nasri-Fabregas-Arshavin
Van Persie
...absolute quality that, proper footballers there...as long as we had Cesc playing, I always thought we had a good chance against any team...even stopped us losing to Barca in the first leg, with a broken freakin' leg!

It's true, it's true... ;)

Last edited:

GoonerJay24

It was a good season in retrospect now, but as @Notorious Big mentioned, the run-in crumble was extremely tough pill to swallow.
No Van Persie the whole done season. Imagine Chelsea without Drogba that year or Rooney injured for United?

Still a decent season considering the starting players were pretty young

ksarp

Leno
Bellerin - chambers - sokratis - kolasinac
------torreria------- Luiz -------
Pepe----laca----martinelli
Aubameyang

We need to stop high press from CMs leaving our ****e CBs exposed. Laca back tracking may prevent a goal or two. Hopefully pepe doesnt give away like 10 dribbles/learns how to through pass for this game

If you want a first line of defense up top, you’d never start Aubameyang. LaCa brings toughness and leadership. I can see Arteta starting him and benching Aubameyang.
Also, could a member of the coaching staff watch tape with Pepe and ask him to walk us through his thought process on all the plays he was involved in?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Leno
Bellerin - chambers - sokratis - kolasinac
------torreria------- Luiz -------
Pepe----laca----martinelli
Aubameyang

We need to stop high press from CMs leaving our ****e CBs exposed. Laca back tracking may prevent a goal or two. Hopefully pepe doesnt give away like 10 dribbles/learns how to through pass for this game

If you play 4 Strikers and 2 midfielders with attack minded full backs your CBs will always be exposed.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If you want a first line of defense up top, you’d never start Aubameyang. LaCa brings toughness and leadership. I can see Arteta starting him and benching Aubameyang.
Also, could a member of the coaching staff watch tape with Pepe and ask him to walk us through his thought process on all the plays he was involved in?

Fun fact. Since Aubamabloodclatyang arrived nobody in the Prem has scored more goals. Not Salah, Mane, Aguero, Kane or Vardy.

ksarp

Fun fact. Since Aubamabloodclatyang arrived nobody in the Prem has scored more goals. Not Salah, Mane, Aguero, Kane or Vardy.

Yet each one of those players are better perimeter defenders and tackle better than Aubameyang. Just scoring goals isn’t enough in today’s game, even Messi plays defense in the Barca setup.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Veteran vs Intern. Who will win?

Make your matchday takeaway orders early lads, this one is going to be the decider.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Song-Diaby
Nasri-Fabregas-Arshavin
Van Persie
...absolute quality that, proper footballers there...as long as we had Cesc playing, I always thought we had a good chance against any team...even stopped us losing to Barca in the first leg, with a broken freakin' leg!

ed0.gif

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Song-Diaby
Nasri-Fabregas-Arshavin
Van Persie

I'll be honest with you I thought Song , Arteta , Rosicky was a better midfield without Fabregas.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I'll be honest with you I thought Song , Arteta , Rosicky was a better midfield without Fabregas.

The 2011-2012 midfield, all three were excellent in the second half of that season...RVP gets most of the credit for us getting top four that year, but others really stepped up too.

Can’t not be having Cesc in my team though, he will always be one of my favourite players I have watched for this great club!

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

It's so weird we only have 1 right back at the club. The way we are just winging it through the season is mental.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's so weird we only have 1 right back at the club. The way we are just winging it through the season is mental.

Bought a left back who was injured. and we have a wingback who is injury prone as back up.

One right back who came back from an acl. No cover.

one cb returning from acl. a centre back who got relegated. 3 useless experienced cb and a young cb who has mostly been injured.

One dm, one young overplayed big headed cm, a young cm, an error prone cm who the fans hate.

an overpaid am who offers nothing defensively and spends his time making headlines off the pitch.

two 50 million pound strikers that can't play together

A 72 million pound winger still adapting

3 young players in Nelson, Saka and ESR developing

and Martinelli.

Currently being led by the assistant coach, academy manager doing two jobs, under 23 gk coach, club doctor running warm ups.

Arteta is walking into an absolute ****storm and needs at least 2 seasons to get us going.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Bought a left back who was injured. and we have a wingback who is injury prone as back up.

One right back who came back from an acl. No cover.

one cb returning from acl. a centre back who got relegated. 3 useless experienced cb and a young cb who has mostly been injured.

One dm, one young overplayed big headed cm, a young cm, an error prone cm who the fans hate.

an overpaid am who offers nothing defensively and spends his time making headlines off the pitch.

two 50 million pound strikers that can't play together

A 72 million pound winger still adapting

3 young players in Nelson, Saka and ESR developing

and Martinelli.

Currently being led by the assistant coach, academy manager doing two jobs, under 23 gk coach, club doctor running warm ups.

Arteta is walking into an absolute ****storm and needs at least 2 seasons to get us going.

That gave me heart palpitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom