• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

For all our sakes hope this works out.

I would hate to see us going down the Milan trajectory.

Us heading down the Milan path has all to do with Management & nothing to do with the staff, who are virtually powerless to do anything.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
What excite me most maybe about Arteta is that some of the best players in the league have praised his man management and credited him with how much they improved.

We have some young talents like Martinelli and Saka who can go very far and also Guendozi, Nelson, Willock and Smith-Rowe who development have standed still in last year or so.

It will be very interesting to see if Arteta can light a fire under these talents. Because if he can I think the benefits will be massive for this club!

Fair enough, I don't want to deprive anyone of some excitement, God knows its a rare things for us Arsenal fans. Whilst I think its a big risk I do accept that we cant pick & choose, we are not that attractive due to our owner & lack of CL.

Manberg

Predator
Need no photo or press stuff. Appoint Arteta and get him straight on to the training ground so he can begin to sort the mess out. Bring top quality stuff around him.
Demand overtime from the players.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

actually agree with him here, there's reason to be optimistic about the type of job Arteta can do
What he talks about is pretty obvious to anyone watching Arsenal over the last several years. We are simply too spread out in attack and cannot get compact in defense quick enough. With our CBs we cannot play this open. We would need two Virgil van Dijks, which clearly we don’t have, to have any chance making this kamikaze style work.

Remember reading somewhere that Pep Guardiola says that roughly 30 yards from attack to defense is about optimal in team depth. Watch our games and it is easily 40-50 yards often with 6 player up attacking and then trying to win the ball back when we inevitably lose it. With that way of playing as a unit the result is inevitable. It isn’t even hard for any PL side to cut us open and I mean any. When we play the way we play it is bound to happen.

I personally think the players themselves need to see this also. I think Emery tried to coach this, but not sure all of the players want to play more disciplined. Player like Özil and Auba I am fairly sure do not.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I meant why delay him till next week. It’ll be done tomorrow I bet.

boyinneedofhumor

Player:
I prefer X over Y as our next manager...

Exec:
So if I get you what you want, are the performances/results guaranteed to improve?

Player:
I prefer X over Y as our next manager...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom