• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Plenty to do with staff to

Wenger had sycophants

And guys who stuck around to Long!
Didnt they want a manager job?
Nobody could sort out our defense for how Long?

I remember Woj dishing some critique out aswell re gk coaches

Mos def had/have a problem with physios and s&c coaches with more than average injury rates

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
What is the general consensus on Patrick Vieira being the other possible manager? I haven't seen it being discussed much.
Personally I would like to see Arteta have it than Vieira as I can't see him being able to manage us with a philosophy fitting the premier league.

Paddy>Mikel hands down

We need an attitude adjustment and better defense more than we need faux titikaka

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

His last big job, man was going out on a bang.

As is his right. I like him and acknowledge that he's in the pantheon of the greatest managers in the game. However, granting him a cushy final assignment before retiring in opulence at our expense was never going to overlap with our long-term plan to rebuild on solid foundations.

He's a man who comes in to a good team & brings a period of good feelings to allow whichever team he's managing to flourish.

The weaklings/cowards littering our team need someone who'll tell them a few home truths & shaft them to the bench/elsewhere if they're not in line with the program. I've my doubts Arteta has it in him to do so, but we'll never get anywhere if we don't take a gamble & that time is now.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
We all want Mikel to succeed. Therefore, i think he will fail. It is written in the stars.

giphy.gif

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
As is his right. I like him and acknowledge that he's in the pantheon of the greatest managers in the game. However, granting him a cushy final assignment before retiring in opulence at our expense was never going to overlap with our long-term plan to rebuild on solid foundations.

He's a man who comes in to a good team & brings a period of good feelings to allow whichever team he's managing to flourish.

The weaklings/cowards littering our team need someone who'll tell them a few home truths & shaft them to the bench/elsewhere if they're not in line with the program. I've my doubts Arteta has it in him to do so, but we'll never get anywhere if we don't take a gamble & that time is now.
and I might be doing him an injustice, but I really can't see Anecelotti inspiring the next generation of young, mostly black, players

if they made fun of Emery, imagine what they would have made of Carlo

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

and I might be doing him an injustice, but I really can't see Anecelotti inspiring the next generation of young, mostly black, players

if they made fun of Emery, imagine what they would have made of Carlo

My thoughts exactly. I doubt he'd be able to rouse them to action. Most were probably in their nappies when he was having his golden managerial days so wouldn't really idolize him or give much deference to him other than for his position as their boss.

Arteta, however, is tied to the club, relatively young himself & they've seen him as part of the first team during their interactions at London Colney so he'd resonate more with them. And his English is impeccable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom