• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Everton vs Arsenal | Saturday 21st December | KO: 12:30 | BT Sport

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Bought a left back who was injured. and we have a wingback who is injury prone as back up.

One right back who came back from an acl. No cover.

one cb returning from acl. a centre back who got relegated. 3 useless experienced cb and a young cb who has mostly been injured.

One dm, one young overplayed big headed cm, a young cm, an error prone cm who the fans hate.

an overpaid am who offers nothing defensively and spends his time making headlines off the pitch.

two 50 million pound strikers that can't play together

A 72 million pound winger still adapting

3 young players in Nelson, Saka and ESR developing

and Martinelli.

Currently being led by the assistant coach, academy manager doing two jobs, under 23 gk coach, club doctor running warm ups.

Arteta is walking into an absolute ****storm and needs at least 2 seasons to get us going.

Harsh, but fair :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Did Petit get sent off...honestly, I didn't see it... ;)

...Can we talk about Overmars though...flew past his fullback to set up our first chance, and a beautiful Bergkamp-esque pass for our first goal...top player!

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Arteta is walking into an absolute ****storm and needs at least 2 seasons to get us going.
Wouldn't mind that if the trajectory is upwards towards the end of each season. The club needs a unified vision to rally behind, on and off the pitch. Need to find our identity as a club again

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

...a massive, if just a tad fortunate goal from Wiltord, on our way to the double in 01/02!

Love this lucky, lucky goal. It won us the match that put us on the path for 13 straight wins & the double. I loved that season (and the 1997-1998 one) more than the invincible season.

Riou

Love this lucky, lucky goal. It won us the match that put us on the path for 13 straight wins & the double. I loved that season (and the 1997-1998 one) more than the invincible season.

03-04 should have been an Invincible Title/European Cup double if we are being honest, think that loss to Chelsea does take some shine of it, still a great achievement though...plus we were all worrying about not losing any damn league games, so you couldn’t really enjoy the Invincible season until the final whistle blew against Leicester at Highbury :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

03-04 should have been an Invincible Title/European Cup double if we are being honest, think that loss to Chelsea does take some shine of it, still a great achievement though...plus we were all worrying about not losing any damn league games, so you couldn’t really enjoy the Invincible season until the final whistle blew against Leicester at Highbury :lol:

Precisely. It was like a VAR seasonal review writ large. Also, as you said, the champions league debacle against Chelsea (as well as being knocked out by United the previous Saturday) made what was supposed to be a phenomenal achievement seem like we fell short. I'm able to enjoy the achievement now, 15 years later, for what it truly is, an amazing accomplishment.

Both 1997-1998 & 2001-2002 are special for their own reasons.

The former because no one gave us a snowball's chance in hell ( we were 6th in December 1997) & went on a miraculous run with the crowning achievement a first premier league victory at Old Trafford, Keown to Overmars :drool:

The latter because, prior to it starting, I bought my first & as of this date, only Arsenal jersey & wore it before every match, even though I was camped out infront of the television :lol:. It's been weathered by time & Maytag but it remains the only one I'll buy because it was a replica with our iconic crest. I never warmed to the new, manicured one.

Jae

Arsenal win. Been to Goodison numerous times this season and seen Everton play. They are worse than us and that's saying something.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
The former because no one gave us a snowball's chance in hell ( we were 6th in December 1997) & went on a miraculous run with the crowning achievement a first premier league victory at Old Trafford, Keown to Overmars :drool:
I think we were 9 points behind but had 3 games in hand. I always fancied we'd get them! All I remembered was the Anelka flick on to Overmars, so I just looked at the clip. Long diagonal ball from Keown, flicked up by Bergkamp and then flicked on by Anelka for the on-rushing Overmars, who tore them all new arseholes for 90 minutes and was unsurprisingly denied a stone bonk penalty when hacked down from behind by Henning Berg when clear on goal. Alan Wilkie was the biased sack of **** appointed to try and **** us over on that particular occasion. Other refs were much more successful in screwing us over after that, and this game was obviously just a learning curve for them

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

I think we were 9 points behind but had 3 games in hand. I always fancied we'd get them! All I remembered was the Anelka flick on to Overmars, so I just looked at the clip. Long diagonal ball from Keown, flicked up by Bergkamp and then flicked on by Anelka for the on-rushing Overmars, who tore them all new arseholes for 90 minutes and was unsurprisingly denied a stone bonk penalty when hacked down from behind by Henning Berg when clear on goal. Alan Wilkie was the biased sack of **** appointed to try and **** us over on that particular occasion. Other refs were much more successful in screwing us over after that, and this game was obviously just a learning curve for them

No one got penalties at Old Trafford back in the day. Our first, if my memory serves correct, was in 2006, which was promptly saved by their Polish reserve keeper. Not all a loss as Adebayor popped up with the winner 4 points from the end. What a through ball that was by Cesc :drool:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No one got penalties at Old Trafford back in the day. Our first, if my memory serves correct, was in 2006, which was promptly saved by their Polish reserve keeper. Not all a loss as Adebayor popped up with the winner 4 points from the end. What a through ball that was by Cesc :drool:
There was a time when we could go to Old Trafford and win. THERE WAS A TIME..

These guys are destroying the club

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

It's disgraceful that it's 13 years since we won there!! The only one associated with that win is our embattled interim boss who, if I'm not mistaken, actually won us the penalty that was subsequently saved, that's how crazy it is :lol:

Last edited:

Riou

I am assuming Iwobi is be destroy us on Saturday, so in honour of that here he is destroying Everton!

...also, look at that beautiful Welbatros, flying without wings :drool:

Riou

It's disgraceful that it's 13 years since we won there!! The only one associated with that win is our embattled interim boss who, if I'm not mistaken, actually w9n us the penalty that was subsequently saved, that's how crazy it is :lol:

...don’t forget about this cheeky win in the cup ;)

One of my favourite wins, played so well and deserved it...also a United player getting sent off at Old Trafford...love it!

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Only made this thread so I can be the first of the Arteta era. Better not be Freddie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom