• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
How did our squad go from last minute bottling of top4/EL final quality to nobody being able to kick a ball in such a short period of time?
Emery. Wenger had left the players at a certain level and he did his best to drag them down to the level they are at now.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
A few new posters on this forum are really boring and bring nothing to the AM table.

source.gif

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Still big question marks over Arteta. Working under Pep he could have learned a whole lot and make the step up. At the same time he could just be a very good coach at best.

It's one thing Pep getting started with Messi and co and then having a bunch to spend at every club it's another to get this lot sorted.

Squillaci

One thing is certain. Whoever is hired, fans will be impatient with him, especially because of these fixtures about to happen.
Busy period and not much time to work things out.
Whoever comes needs to be authoritative.
I'm sick of players waving their hands and blaming each other.
I'll be pleased to see discipline and us controlling some of the games. Later on I hope we can control most of the games.

I just want a manager who's here for a long time. With couple of proper signings, players coming back from loan, youngsters developing and injured players finally being fit, we could have depth and be solid next year.

Just want to watch pleasurable games with thought that it's finally looking better and it's only going to get better.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
There's no doubt that Arteta as manager is a huge risk, I've always been against him for the same reason as everyone else, he's never done the job before! That is huge! Even Lampard had some time at Derby before Chelsea but now is going through a period where experience would probably help. Arteta is going to be starting at a point way lower than Lampard, we are currently the worst Arsenal team for over 30 years. I accept that we are in a position where we need to rebuild, so a manger with his own ideas but lack of experience may work if we are prepared to give him time, 2 or 3 seasons to rebuild. I also feel we have very few options and I really don't want to go down the Ancelotti type route because rebuilding long term is better than improving what we have for the short term. I'll support whoever takes over just like I supported Emery, so if Arteta does join as expected, then good luck to him!

Beast Incarnate

There's no doubt that Arteta as manager is a huge risk, I've always been against him for the same reason as everyone else, he's never done the job before! That is huge! Even Lampard had some time at Derby before Chelsea but now is going through a period where experience would probably help. Arteta is going to be starting at a point way lower than Lampard, we are currently the worst Arsenal team for over 30 years. I accept that we are in a position where we need to rebuild, so a manger with his own ideas but lack of experience may work if we are prepared to give him time, 2 or 3 seasons to rebuild. I also feel we have very few options and I really don't want to go down the Ancelotti type route because rebuilding long term is better than improving what we have for the short term. I'll support whoever takes over just like I supported Emery, so if Arteta does join as expected, then good luck to him!

You need to get that space bar fixed.

Leeroy1979

Read some reports online that arteta is already discussing transfer targets...if that's true (a big if I know) who do you reckon they would be? I'm calling mangala as one of them as he's worked with him before, he would be cheap and we need a cb. Would love some athletic units to beef up the middle of the park like did I/dacoure/kongdobia or see if edu can find us the new Gilberto with his contacts

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Read some reports online that arteta is already discussing transfer targets...if that's true (a big if I know) who do you reckon they would be? I'm calling mangala as one of them as he's worked with him before, he would be cheap and we need a cb. Would love some athletic units to beef up the middle of the park like did I/dacoure/kongdobia or see if edu can find us the new Gilberto with his contacts

My guess would be that their discussion of transfer targets likely didn't get that specific, but was more about general areas of immediate need. But center backs and midfielders would figure to be priorities. They may have to look for a fullback as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom