• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merih Demiral

Goonger

Demiral/Partey would be sensational business without spending much. Revamp the attack through the Auba departure and you have 3/4 new players here to go with Leno, Saliba, Tierney, Pepe, Bellerin, to make a new team.

Really want this guy. Like you said, this guy and a proper athletic midfielder like Partey and suddenly with Saliba coming in we have height, pace and power added in 2 areas we are notoriously slow and a bit weak. Would make a big difference.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Had a quick look at a juve forum and they are raving about this guy like he’s the next Maldini. Seems like a real talent but it looks like he’s finally settled in at Juve, it makes no sense why they’d sell him now

Goonger

Had a quick look at a juve forum and they are raving about this guy like he’s the next Maldini. Seems like a real talent but it looks like he’s finally settled in at Juve, it makes no sense why they’d sell him now

He's hardly played all season, but played vs Leverkusen last week & Udinese at the weekend & played really well. Seem to be mentioning him as Vidic like, which is 1 of the reasons why i liked the kid, thought him & Saliba would compliment each other well, & be our version of Rio & Vidic.

Only hope is that with Bonucci & Chiellini (injured at the mo) still there & the amount paid out for Di Ligt this guy would not be really any more than 3rd choice in the pecking order still. They would all rather punt Rugani first than this guy.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Merih Demiral is excellent, was a rock at the back for the Turkish national team alongside Çağlar Söyüncü. Played a large part in Turkey beating France at home and drawing them in Paris. His stock is mostly owed to his performances with the national team as he, until recently, wasn't getting playing time at Juve.

That has changed though and I don't see Juve selling him. He has recently displaced Matthijs de Ligt from the starting lineup despite the huge price tag and I think they envision de Ligt and Demiral as their future center-back duo. Chiellini is 35 and Bonucci is 32.

Vidic is a good shout by the way, similar type of defender indeed. Tough defender, excellent in the air, not the greatest with the ball at his feet and can be a bit of a hot head at times.

Divided_Pie

Is he two-footed enough to be comfortable on the left? Has he played much on the left, being right-footed?

Last edited:

Bloodbather

Established Member

Is he two-footed enough to be comfortable on the left? Has he played much on the left, being right-footed?

Pretty much exclusively a RCB. Söyüncü is the LCB for Turkey and Bonucci is the LCB for Juve. Not that good with the ball at his feet in general, he does have a nasty sliding tackle on him from all angles, though.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Great prospect this lad. Just displaced De Ligt in the Juve starting XI though so, I suspect this is a pipe dream.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
When was there made up medicine in house?:eek:

Pretty sure I heard someone scream "need 100cc of Demiral, stat!" during season 5.

Not really holding my breath for any quality cb signings at this point in time, seeing as the Xhaka money will be used at cm.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Pretty sure I heard someone scream "need 100cc of Demiral, stat!" during season 5.

Not really holding my breath for any quality cb signings at this point in time, seeing as the Xhaka money will be used at cm.
You meant Demerol, an opioid painkiller ffs:lol:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Let Özil whisper in his ear.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Begs the question of why Juve would sell? Also, it begs, why would he join us.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom