• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC

Seriously, don't hate Emery for all of this, HE CARED, but this crop of players deserves being put to blame. Shocking attitude ever since **** hit the fan.

Sell the lot and only keep the ones that are commited along side the kids that I dont see as part of this problem.
Emery was never going to be the right fit for us, but the players are definitely a large part of the issue. The reports of downing tools are shocking. We need to step it up and fight for points, the season is far from over. Instead, it seems a good few are rolling over like spineless losers. Pricks.

We've been too patient with some of this lot.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I have been pointing out this slack attitude during Wenger's last years itself. If you think about it, all variations of this problem boils down to us not selling under performers quickly enough. If you know that you have a fat contract for five years and the club is not going to sell you, why would you waste your time working your ass off? Only people who derive motivation from other sources can perform well.
You may think that holding on to someone like Jenkinson was a small mistake. But that sends out a very bad message to the team. If a player like him can bide his time having fun, why can't I? In fact I was happy with the current regime when plenty of players were sold or let go of, last year. But I would like to see them even more brutal on two things:
1) Sell the players who show slack attitude.
2) Sell the players who don't renew with two years left in contract.

They already promised that number 2 will be the case moving forward. Would love to see how they handle Laca/Auba contracts.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Since we're getting Arteta and this threads the most active and most off topic.

If we sell Auba and Laca which striker do we bring in to replace?

Beast Incarnate

Don't care who it is, I hope Arteta gives them a good kick up the backside. We can't be having this at all.

Özil, Auba and Xhaka I suspect are the 3 main suspects of this lazy attitude. It spreads through the squad like wildfire.

To save the body from infection, you need to amputate the arm. Those 3 should be first out the door. Auba is world class and he does score goals, but his attitude is a detriment to the harmony of the squad. Sell him whilst we can still get a good price for him.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I called it yesterday that we need a massive clear-out. Some of deadwood should have been sold years ago yet they stuck around and have been coasting from season to season.

I was never keen on Unai Emery but the way the players disrespected him was disgraceful, I would get rid of most of them based on that alone. I can’t wait until we get rid of Lacazette, AMN, Xhaka, Torreira, Mustafi, LOLuiz and Sokratis.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Auba has 54 goals & 13 assists for us in just 86 games. Ffs.

He is one of the few senior players you keep to build around. His attitude may be bubbling at the mo but thats because he is on one level & everyone else ****.

We cant afford to sell him. Even a Giroud / Lacazette level striker in his place could result in relegation.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

He is one of the few senior players you keep to build around. His attitude may be bubbling at the mo but thats because he is on one level & everyone else ****.

We cant afford to sell him. Even a Giroud / Lacazette level striker in his place could result in relegation.

You don’t build around a 30 year old (he’ll be 31 at the start of next season) who you’ll need to pay £300k+ per week to keep.

CJJ

Established Member

If he doesn't resign we should sell him. Doesn't matter that he's a great player. We can't afford any more +40m players leaving us on a free, its so stupid business.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Lacazette is the one that should be sold imo. His attitude stinks and his goal scoring record is Giroud-esque.

We should try and convince Auba to stay.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
You do if he is scoring goals & have no means to replace.

That’s short sighted. We need to plan for the future not for today. Auba would want at least a two year extension and around £300k a week. You’re just asking for another Özil situation.

The appointment of Arteta should come with a complete rethink of how we build the squad. We need to target younger promising players who don’t need paying fortunes.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Call me mad, but I do think there is a player in Torreira.

Just think constantly coming in and out of the team and the turmoil this season has affected his performances.
For sure, he was great at the World Cup and everyone was waxing lyrical about him. But he hasn't shown that kind of form here, hopefully Arteta can bring it out.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Call me mad, but I do think there is a player in Torreira.

Just think constantly coming in and out of the team and the turmoil this season has affected his performances.

It would probably help if he was played in the right position. I doubt there is anything wrong with his work ethic or attitude.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Is Auba a bad influence on Laca though? He certainly seems to try harder without his buddy on the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom