• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
We said that last year though, got the highest rated winger in Europe, one of the best young CB prospects, a very highly rated Ceballos who was wanted at plenty of places.

This club still has a massive pull. Players might be attracted to the rebuild.
The rebuild and the money.

Wenger die-hards dying even harder now... 3 managers later and still we're seeing references :lol:

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
3rd or 4th? Yeah.
camron.gif

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Unlike the Özil situation, Auba has been consistent and if you can, throw the kitchen sink at him, sell Lacazette and Özil in order to keep him.

Even with his new wages, he'd still be someone you could sell for 40 million even on said astronomical wages.

OSBK

Established Member
Auba has 54 goals & 13 assists for us in just 86 games. Ffs.

He is one of the few senior players you keep to build around. His attitude may be bubbling at the mo but thats because he is on one level & everyone else ****.

We cant afford to sell him. Even a Giroud / Lacazette level striker in his place could result in relegation.

0 headed goals
5 contested headers won this season
1 assist
Literally walks around up front

Ashley barnes would be a better fit for us right now.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

The only way Auba stays is if we win the EL.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
True, but things have gone straight downhill since then.

We do have pull though, I'm just feeling like a pessimistic asshole at the moment.
Even now with the highly vaunted, if unproven Arteta, about to be trusted with a big project?

I suppose for some, it might not seem as exciting as when Emery took over, because we hadn't experienced a new guy failing in over 30 years! Now we've had Emery go to **** and Freddie not really improve much in the short time he had, and failing to find a fix again is a very real and scary reality for them. Don't blame you for being pessimistic at all. I'm sure it'll be different this time though. I'm confident big decisions and correct decisions will be made this time.

blaze_of_glory

Even now with the highly vaunted, if unproven Arteta, about to be trusted with a big project?

I suppose for some, it might not seem as exciting as when Emery took over, because we hadn't experienced a new guy failing in over 30 years! Now we've had Emery go to **** and Freddie not really improve much in the short time he had, and failing to find a fix again is a very real and scary reality for them. Don't blame you for being pessimistic at all. I'm sure it'll be different this time though. I'm confident big decisions and correct decisions will be made this time.
Honestly I just need to stop posting on here so early in the morning. Never in a good mood

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Not a fan of Arteta coming in, but if he made some exciting signings in January, the belief might come back.

Emery did a good job of clearing dead wood. Arteta has a bit more rubbish disposal to do and a general spring clean.

Squillaci

To me, it looks like Arteta has a clear vision of what he wants to do.
It could be that the board wasn't meeting his expectations the first time and now they realize they made a mistake.
He looks like a authoritative figure and I am looking forward to that.
Bringing Borrell with him makes me look forward to the future finally.
We have a lot of youngsters that need good guidance.

Lets get rid of entitled primadonnas and finally have players playing effectively and with passion.

OneAW!

How much do you guys think Kroenke is paying this "Gurjit" to take the heat of himself and the board and place it on the players?

EDIT: Lets get rid of "entitled primmadonnas", meaning expensive world class players. The narrative is once again being rebuilt to not only take the heat off Kroenke and encourage his favourite past time, being a cheapo. Remember when Wenger had lost it and badly needed to be replaced..? If only we could get rid of Wenger; wait for the stadium to be built; wait for the debt to be repaid; wait for the new sponsorships to kick in; wait for the youth project to reach maturity; form a British core; stop hiring youth... everything will be magically fine!

How much longer will Arsenal fans fall for this nonsense? Ten bucks says we are worse off after we sell all these 'entitled primmadonnas', just like we were worse of once Wenger was sacked.

Last edited:

The holes in our squad have been there for years. Depends on what you define as a 'hole'? I'd call players like Özil, Xhaka, Mustafi and Sokratis 'holes', and apart from Sokratis, they've been here years. Bellerin? Another hole... Been here years. Chambers and Holding? More rubbish. Been here years.

We got in some excellent young talent like Pepe, Martinelli and Douzi, with some old crap, like Luiz, but that was forced on us due to Kos leaving. Our last window was a good window. You've been banging the 'it was rubbish lol' drum for ages now. That's your opinion. We got Martinelli and Pepe out of it and sorted our wing options out. We added players for the future. We need to get rid of crap now.

It was terrible window mate. Props to you spotting the holes. We then went on and signed close to 10 players. Almost a whole starting roster. And the problems are even bigger now. It only equals to that our transfers windows have been terrible. I dont know why I attack just last two windows maybe I was hoping Raul could do something better but the problem actually starts with that window were we signed Xhaka and Mustafi but the last two windows with new regime failed in every way. Rubbish transfers windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom