• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Emery was never going to be the right fit for us, but the players are definitely a large part of the issue. The reports of downing tools are shocking. We need to step it up and fight for points, the season is far from over. Instead, it seems a good few are rolling over like spineless losers. Pricks.

We've been too patient with some of this lot.
It could have been different I think if players were on board and he could have got his ideas over. Lack of English and inability to stand up to some of the supposed "big" players at the club I think took it's toll as well as some horrendous work in the transfer market. Clear out needed and start with the keyboard warrior clowns. The whole spine of the team needs to be gutted and replaced.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Agree with the general idea except I don't rate the German and Austrian league and history has clearly told us that players from the German league don't necessarily translate to England at the moment. Farmers leagues unless it's Bayern.

I think Haaland is a little different, have you seen him play? Imagine a Giraffe being able to sprint like Mbappe and being able to finish off both feet with ease. He glides over the pitch and makes everyone look tiny, at 19 years old his physique and power is insane. His eye for goal and the use of both feet is also one of a kind.

A one of a kind talent, haven't seen anyone offer what he can since Ibra in his early days.

OneAW!

Jovic deal for Auba would be superb, all we need is a goalscorer to replace his goals. He isn't a world class footballer technically. Just a world class goalscorer with incredible movement.

A world class goalscorer is a world class footballer. Its the most important contribution a player can make.

Squillaci

How much do you guys think Kroenke is paying this "Gurjit" to take the heat of himself and the board and place it on the players?

EDIT: Lets get rid of "entitled primmadonnas", meaning expensive world class players. The narrative is once again being rebuilt to not only take the heat off Kroenke and encourage his favourite past time, being a cheapo. Remember when Wenger had lost it and badly needed to be replaced..? If only we could get rid of Wenger; wait for the stadium to be built; wait for the debt to be repaid; wait for the new sponsorships to kick in; wait for the youth project to reach maturity; form a British core; stop hiring youth... everything will be magically fine!

How much longer will Arsenal fans fall for this nonsense? Ten bucks says we are worse off after we sell all these 'entitled primmadonnas', just like we were worse of once Wenger was sacked.

Give me an evidence that Özil, David Luiz and Xhaka are expensive world class players, I'm begging you.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
Agree with the general idea except I don't rate the German and Austrian league and history has clearly told us that players from the German league don't necessarily translate to England at the moment.

Players like Firmino, Sane, De Bruyne, Son, Gundogan, Leno, Soyuncu, Pulisic, Matip and Auba would beg to differ, those are just ones here now, been plenty from past seasons who prove you rather incorrect too.

It's about scouting the right players,teams who don't have a high hit rate of successful transfers need to look within their set-up first and foremost. Rather than blame the leagues the players come from.

I do agree that Haaland may not be the right fit or ready though, amd would likely be better off taking a step up to Germany before the PL.

shootxhakashoot

I think Haaland is a little different, have you seen him play? Imagine a Giraffe being able to sprint like Mbappe and being able to finish off both feet with ease. He glides over the pitch and makes everyone look tiny, at 19 years old his physique and power is insane. His eye for goal and the use of both feet is also one of a kind.

A one of a kind talent, haven't seen anyone offer what he can since Ibra in his early days.
He's clearly wanted all over Europe. Then so was jovic and that hasn't worked out at real for some reason.
In his case its for the birds as there's no way he comes to us out of English sides anyway. From what I've heard he has a top class work ethic and attitude which we really really need so a shame as they are qualities we lack in our squad. One swallow doesn't make a summer however.

GDeep™

League is very weak
So announcement tomorrow? Press conference hopefully.

Genuinely first time I have been pumped about Arsenal since Wenger left.

shootxhakashoot

Players like Firmino, Sane, De Bruyne, Son, Gundogan, Leno, Soyuncu, Pulisic, Matip and Auba would beg to differ, those are just ones here now, been plenty from past seasons who prove you rather incorrect too.

It's about scouting the right players,teams who don't have a high hit rate of successful transfers need to look within their set-up first and foremost. Rather than blame the leagues the players come from.

I do agree that Haaland may not be the right fit or ready though, amd would likely be better off taking a step up to Germany before the PL.
Sane not first choice for City, same with Gundogan, De Bruyne had already been here before he went to Germany so not so much of an adaptation for him. Pulisic the jury is out, Matip again not exactly first choice for Liverpool. The others I agree. It's not a catch all and there will of course be exceptions but generally speaking I think Arsenal haven't had much success from the German market and we'd be better shopping in other leagues. We had the supposed dogs bollocks of scouts for that market and his record was pretty patchy even being charitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom