• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
Sane not first choice for City, same with Gundogan, De Bruyne had already been here before he went to Germany so not so much of an adaptation for him. Pulisic the jury is out, Matip again not exactly first choice for Liverpool. The others I agree. It's not a catch all and there will of course be exceptions but generally speaking I think Arsenal haven't had much success from the German market and we'd be better shopping in other leagues. We had the supposed dogs bollocks of scouts for that market and his record was pretty patchy even being charitable.

But Sane would be first choice at most clubs in the PL, he's fantastic, Gundogan plays plenty for City, and he'd have started even more at very good teams with less depth, Matip is first choice when fit, Pulisic is going to be just fine in this league, already looks to be settling pretty well, even this early into his career in the PL. De Buyne played about 3 league games before going back for 2 more seasons in Germany.

Anyway, the point is, there's plenty who show they can navigate one league to the other. There would be players doing the trip in the opposite direction who wouldn't fit in in Germany either by the way. It's about the scouting, about the suitability, about the style, as well as clearly the talent. Insulting a league as you did in the original post, because your own team maybe hasn't had such luck isn't probably that fair tbh. But hey, I dont want to derail the thread about Arteta! Plus 2 of your best players right now came from the Bundesliga, and they are 2 players who again, are more than good enough to play for plenty of PL clubs, so it isn't all bad at Arsenal.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don't rate Haaland.
I do to be honest. Very Lewandowski-like. Always where he needs to be, great physical presence. Think Arsenal have missed a presence upfront.

However, I think given we're blessed with a ton of talented young strikers already at the club, we can probably afford to get someone a bit more battle-tested personally. I like Moussa Dembele though, that's a shout.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think the building of the backroom staff will be a process over a longer period. Yeah you need people in but expecting to get ideal candidates now is unrealistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom