• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Marca article on him:
Take note of the name: Antonio Zarzana Perez. The 17-year-old from Jerez, who currently plays for Sevilla, has tried his abilities in just about every position. However, his most natural is as an attacking midfielder.

Pablo Blanco spotted him at a tournament in Portugal when he was just eight years old and he was snapped up by Sevilla, with Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Liverpool all reportedly interested in him.

"My family always tells me to keep my feet on the ground," Zarzana said.

"Daily hard work is the key, praise is good but it can influence you in a negative way.

"To say that I made my debut at the age of 16 is something that I will always be hugely grateful and thankful for.

"I was a bit nervous before the start of the game, but as soon as I got out on the pitch I forgot about the nerves."

When asked if he hoped to be part of Sevilla's team during pre-season, the youngster replied with the maturity of someone much his senior.

"I just want to take things slowly," he continued.

"Everything is going well and I am happy where I am in the youth team, however, if I get the call, obviously I will jump at the chance.

Zarzara clearly has his head screwed on despite only being 17 years old as he is aware that the biggest clubs in Europe do not let excellent talent slip through the net.

"I heard that Real Madrid had put an offer in for me last year," he stated, "but I have always wanted to make my debut with the first team here."

Zarzana had the audacity to take and perfectly execute a panenka penalty in the Champions Cup against Real Madrid.

"I had been telling my teammates that I was going to score a penalty like that all week and they just laughed at me," he went on.

"When I stepped up to take it, I had no doubt in my mind that I was going to try it.

"We did an excellent job because we were all exhausted and Real Madrid pushed us right to the end."

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
From Football Talent Scout:

Position: Attacking Midfield and Right Wing

Preferred Foot: Left

Market Value: –

Similar Players: Phillipe Coutinho

Strengths:

– Dribbling
– Flair
– Set Pieces
– Vision
– Technique
– Creativity
– Work Rate
– Ball Control
– Passing
– Pace and Acceleration
– Agility

Weaknesses:

– Physicality

Style of Play:

– Versatile attacking midfielder who can play on the wings as well as in the middle
– Loves to dribble
– Likes to play through balls
– Quick feet
– Takes accurate long shots

– Variety of skill moves and tricks
– Competent set piece taker
– Good crosser of the ball
– Accurate wide range of passing
– Takes opponents on
– Good ball control and first touch
– Good off the ball movement

He is Best Suited Playing As…

Description:

Zarzana first broke onto the stage as a 12 year-old in the 2014 La Liga Promises Tournament with an amazing roulette goal that saw him compared to none other than Zinedine Zidane. Over time, Zarzana has improved and evolved his game to become more versatile and is one of the pearls of the Sevilla academy. In May of 2018, a 16 year-old Zarzana made his professional and senior debut with Sevilla’s B team (Sevilla Atlético) in the Second division and he nearly scored despite only playing around 5 minutes. Zarzana has become a regular with the Spain U-17 and U-16 levels as well as with the regional Andalusian U-19 and U-17 national teams. However, it is still to be seen where Zarzana is most comfortable playing as his versatility means he has been played on both wings as well as at the central attacking midfield role. Regardless, the future is bright for the 16 year-old and he has already been linked with massive European clubs such as Real Madrid and Liverpool.

Football Talent Scout potential rating:

8/10

First team material in a top European club.

https://footballtalentscout.net/2019/02/11/antonio-zarzana-by-kevin-sevilla4life/

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
We could potentially do with a RW prospect behind Pepe if we assume Nelson and Saka are the prospects on the left. Though we do have quite a few prospects on the wings indeed.

Nonetheless, one should always pick up outside chances and let competition do the rest.

With regards to his strongest position being AM, I do think we should move away from the 4-2-3-1 to a more flat 4-3-3. Means the creative midfielder should still have the mobility and defensive skills to track back and block passing lines etc. Think Aouar would fit that profile well.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Reading the description, he sounds more like a Kevin DeBruyne kind of player (minus the size and physicality ) than Coutinho, tbh.

Gunner-Union

Edu will be busy lol
Need a rb, cb to partner saliba, two midfielders one who has to be a powerhouse but can still play obviously and another like grealish, maybe another winger and if auba goes a striker and that’s just for the starting 11

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Looks as though Auba and Özil could be out. Would love to spruce up our attack with a return for Wilf Zaha. Palace are safe from relegation, so maybe we could sweeten the deal by sending the Nelson or Saka on loan?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Can only really see us bringing in a left back. If Özil goes we might bring in an attacking midfielder. I think we wait until the summer to address midfield and CB.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Get decent cb sell mustafi Özil that's should be enough for January leave every else in summer

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Couple of midfielders, a right back & left back look bare minimum with the injuries & rumored outs.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
With Kolasinac out until some time in January a left back needs to be here on January 1st.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
With Kolasinac out until some time in January a left back needs to be here on January 1st.

King AMN can play LB, RB, CM, CDM, LW, and RW. I think we won't buy anyone. I still wonder why we sold Nacho. Stupid decision

Someone here was of the opinion of converting Kolasinac into a CM which could be brilliant if it works. Unless Arteta also believes the same, there's no way we are purchasing an LB and there wouldn't be a need for that IMO.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@American_Gooner can you start a thread titled “Arteta’s January Sales” or something?

Much, much...MUCH more interested in how many nonces we can get rid off this coming window! :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom