• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.

giphy.gif

blaze_of_glory

Emery backs him in a pretty deep interview. o_O

"He really is prepared to make that next jump," said Emery.

"He has been at Arsenal before, he's been in the Premier League and he has been working with Pep Guardiola. I do believe this is a good decision and I would also like it to be a good decision."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50865120
Man you read that and just wonder why he insisted on speaking English every time. He could have explained everything so much better if he’d just used a translator now and then.

OneAW!

Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.Please be good.

giphy.gif

Doesn't matter how competitive he is with an owner this unambitious making top 4 on a semi-regular basis is the best we can hope for.

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
Emery backs him in a pretty deep interview. o_O

"He really is prepared to make that next jump," said Emery.

"He has been at Arsenal before, he's been in the Premier League and he has been working with Pep Guardiola. I do believe this is a good decision and I would also like it to be a good decision."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50865120
Classy guy

Might have been out of his depth, but always held himself the right way.Hope he finds success elsewhere.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You just get the feeling there’s a managerial genius in Arteta. When we were first linked with him I had a few doubts. Then I took a few things into consideration:

-He’s a well spoken, intelligent student of the game. Evidenced by his seamless transition from CAM/RW to DLP.

-He has proven leadership qualities. He was a well respected captain here, often captained Everton and was the skipper who lifted the FA Cup which ended our excruciating trophy drought.

-Pep didn’t hesitate to name him as his no.2. The minute Arteta hung up his boots Pep moved swiftly to get him on board. Regardless of what you think of Pep he knows a thing or two about coaching- he clearly rates Arteta for good reason. Just look at how unhappy Pep is with Arteta’s departure, he’s a key component.

-Mikel is ex Barca and Arsenal. He’s Spanish and played the majority of his career in the PL. There’s no doubt in my mind one of the stipulations of his appointment is to play an attractive brand of football and Arteta himself will want to play football in the right way.

Of course, he’ll need time. But I’ve got faith he can be a massive success here. Our season starts now.

This is all conjecture.

Malky

Established Member
I’m actually really excited about this, he’ll obviously need time but I’ve got a feeling we’re at the beginning of something special!
You can tell by the way he talks, how the see’s the game and where he’s been, that, with time, we could see the return of beautiful, winning football!
It’s a very bold, and brave move from the board but sometimes those decisions can prove to be the best and most rewarding!
One of my favourite former players is manager of this great club :drool:

Reactions: CJJ

CJJ

Established Member
I think this is a cheap and bold move by the board. Personally i'm intriqued by Arteta and i'm prepared to be patient with him.

There is hardly any good time for an unexperienced but promising manager to come in. Now i just hope he can translate his talent into being the number 1.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Man you read that and just wonder why he insisted on speaking English every time. He could have explained everything so much better if he’d just used a translator now and then.

Languages and related perceptions are funny. A person who is perceived as very eloquent, even borderline pompous in his native language can be perceived as someone who can't really express himself or communicate ideas in another one.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
All I am looking for now, is for him to sell everybody, need to get as much money in as possible for a rebuild...also, he looks soooooo much better in red than blue!

Can’t believe I missed that amazing tv show talk at the end of the other thread, feel I could have really annoyed @GDeep™ and @BigPoppaPump in there :lol:

Top Bottom