• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Everton vs Arsenal | Saturday 21st December | KO: 12:30 | BT Sport

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
Why Nelson played all the game? I don't know what happen with Pepe

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

We looked comfortable defensively which I'm happy about.

Sure our attack looked worse which is to be expected with more defensive stability, but it's much better than what we had with Emery; a sh!tty attack and a poor defense.

Infact taking a look at our shots, it's 9 against but none on target whereas we had 6 and 2 on target. Our xG was also greater than Everton's which again is something that would've been unlikely under Emery.

So Freddie has done pretty good, I think if he had more time we probably would've improved after the next three dreaded fixtures and finished out the season ok but unlikely reaching the top 4, maybe top 5 or 6 though.

Arteta....over to you...

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Happy with that.

With how Ferguson has Everton playing, today was always gonna be a fight...battled relatively well all game, and played quite well in the second half...and if Auba didn’t get in Smith-Rowe’s way, could have even nicked it!

Lucas-Xhaka were very good, though it can be an up and down partnership, looking forward to Dani getting back.

Chambers continues to play pretty well, all the young players did well, with Martinelli the stand out.

Happy Freddie doesn’t bow out on a defeat, and let’s see what Mikel can do.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Actually a lot Arteta can work with there . Build play from the back was good , work rate was fantastic . We skirmished in midfield when we had to .
He's just got to work on the football intelligence with the kids , which he is supposed to be excellent with .
Got the basis for a good side , unpopular opinion but I'd be doing everything to keep Xhaka , good leader with the kids .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

At least Freddie laid the foundations for the Xhaka-Torreira midfield for Arteta. This is our most solid midfield by some distance.

It is, haven't seen this build up play since this time last season . Keep the midfled intact , educate the kids in real football and it's going to go well

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Other than not scoring it wasn't that bad of a performance. At least Leno got a clean sheet & the guy deserves so many more

Ewarwoowar

I also think us possessing decent width with capable players helped Xhaka and Torreira out a truck load, meaning Everton were having to concentrate their efforts in these areas rather than having freedom to dominate down the middle, am disappointed though we did not switch it up and try to take advantage of that space too much, we've moaned we had a problem of not having width and now wide players not drifting in ffs

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Impressed with Xhaka-Torreira this time around. They seemed to have more mobility to them, unlike under Emery.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
You never know what you get with that crop of players, thought we kinda looked quite okay from the defenders to midfielders, but didn't like the movement or lack of it with our 4 more advanced players.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We desperately needed to sneak a win there. If Newcastle, Burnley or Brighton win, we could end up in the bottom half of the table!

2015/16 I can clearly remember posting, 'Be careful what you wish for!'. :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Actually a lot Arteta can work with there . Build play from the back was good , work rate was fantastic . We skirmished in midfield when we had to .
He's just got to work on the football intelligence with the kids , which he is supposed to be excellent with .
Got the basis for a good side , unpopular opinion but I'd be doing everything to keep Xhaka , good leader with the kids .
Agree with this. A lot to work with, and I'm quietly excited about it. The work rate was there, just need to knit that attack together.

ArsenalFever

Martinelli was the most dangerous on the pitch but no one was clinical enough or even gave a sense that we could score. 0-0 isn't bad but nothing to applaud, seems as though problems are being created when they don't need to be. Where's the will or desire to win, Auba is a massive part of the issue imo and should be stripped of the captaincy at least.

Fielding a team of youngsters midway through the season with lots still to play for, something I would expect in the carabao cup. Agree the options are limited atm but the decision to put Willock on for ESR kinda sums up the mentality.

There's no spark but looking forward to see if Arteta can ignite something.

Leno for captaincy.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Considering our recent form and Everton's form since sacking Silva I would have taken that result beforehand, even more so when you consider the lineup we had out there.

Decent platform for Arteta to build on.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
2015/16 I can clearly remember posting, 'Be careful what you wish for!'. :lol:
yawning-face_1f971.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom