• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Everton vs Arsenal | Saturday 21st December | KO: 12:30 | BT Sport

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Martinelli was the most dangerous on the pitch but no one was clinical enough or even gave a sense that we could score. 0-0 isn't bad but nothing to applaud, seems as though problems are being created when they don't need to be. Where's the will or desire to win, Auba is a massive part of the issue imo and should be stripped of the captaincy at least.

Fielding a team of youngsters midway through the season with lots still to play for, something I would expect in the carabao cup. Agree the options are limited atm but the decision to put Willock on for ESR kinda sums up the mentality.

There's no spark but looking forward to see if Arteta can ignite something.

Leno for captaincy.
At the bold, I was fine with it. I have long believed we needed to do this in the interim considering a lot of our senior players have not displayed the work rate and quality this season either. It wasn't entirely great but I have no complaints and I'm proud of them. Will continue to advocate for them.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Even if i didn't see the game but every point away from home this season is positive with way things going. Clean sheet was surprising considering we got injury crisis

Pepes blue pill

Happy with that tbh, big thanks to the everton fans who were awful, really think if they created an atmosphere like they did against chelsea they woulda pumped the team up and we woulda lost

ScotsGooner89

Probably the worst game of football I’ve ever seen. Glad we’re at the start of a new era, I doubt Arteta will put up with that sort of performances coming from the club that he has. Clean sheet is a positive, obviously, but Everton were extremely poor.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Awful game ,really poor. Was praying not for any injury time. Plus side a rare clean sheet,not a defeat and youth played. Arteta has a big big job on his hands but I was throughly impressed by his press conference. Thank you Freddie

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I think Freddie done well away from home the only negative the lose against Brighton at home.

Thankful for his service he took us where we are in bad situation

roz

Fake News Merchant
Positives from the game:
Clean sheet
Everton will go down long before we ever do
Xhaka decent game
Saka decent game, coped well.
Torreira decent game
Martinelli is our 1st name on the teamsheet after Leno.

Negatives:
We couldnt beat the only team to be considerably worse than us.
Cant seem to go up a gear ever.
No urgency.
Elite/unreal/best striker ever having another stinker of a game

ArsenalFever

At the bold, I was fine with it. I have long believed we needed to do this in the interim considering a lot of our senior players have not displayed the work rate and quality this season either. It wasn't entirely great but I have no complaints and I'm proud of them. Will continue to advocate for them.
That's all good but I expect the club to show the fans a good performance once in a while.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Positives from the game:
Clean sheet
Xhaka decent game
Torreira decent game

Negatives:
No urgency.

Agree with most, but I'm kinda between the lines in oppinion on Auba - he's without much argument one of the best strikers in the game and thus could probably be called worldclass (even though with his current attitude most certainly not), but I'd still not be very saddened for him to leave.

Firstly, due to the obvious reason that everyone that doesn't show up with the commitment we want to see needs to **** off, but also secondly, that he'll never be in the absolute top tier of world football simply due to his lack of overall ability.

He doesn't have a striking flaw, but he's got many things he's just simply good average - have someone like RVP on in that game and he just drops back and takes the lead on the buildup.

Auba couldn't do that even if he wanted to.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Positives from the game:
Clean sheet
Xhaka decent game
Torreira decent game

Negatives:
No urgency.
Everton got 4 points against Manutd away and Chelsea at-home they pick some good form before this game

CJJ

Established Member
Did we get lucky with a VAR decision today? Many of my friends say that Willock handball should've been a penalty. Personally i didnt make much of it. Looked like it was chest height.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Agree with most, but I'm kinda between the lines in oppinion on Auba - he's without much argument one of the best strikers in the game and thus could probably be called worldclass (even though with his current attitude most certainly not), but I'd still not be very saddened for him to leave, firstly due to the obvious reason that everyone that doesn't shoe the commitment we want to see needs to **** off, but also secondly, that he'll never be in the absolute top tier of world football simply due to his lack of overall ability.

He doesn't have a striking flaw, but he's got many things he's shut simply good average - have someone like RVP on in that game and he just drops back and takes the lead on the buildup.

Auba couldn't do that even if he wanted to.
Its well documented on here that I dont nor ever have particularly rated him. Just dont see what everyone else does. Sure he’s a decent/good goalscorer but really nothing else. Shiyte mentality as well.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Overall, a lackluster game. But I feel pretty good about it. Arsenal got a clean sheet away from home. Hell, Arsenal got a clean sheet. The defense was better and a little more committed today. You might say Everton had a hand in that and you'd be right. But on the other hand they've just beaten Chelsea 3-1 and drew 1-1 with United, so those teams didn't shut them out. I thought Chambers was really solid today. I was especially pleased with Saka, who didn't do a bad job at left back.

It's tough to be sharp and coherent with so many youngsters in the team at once. Martinelli and Nelson looked dangerous at times, but Arsenal just needs to do a better job of creating chances around the box. I think that will come. It's an easier fix with the sort of talent Arsenal has than fixing the defense.

Torreira was really good today. Xhaka was better. Will be interesting to see what happens with Granit if the reports of him wanting to move to Hertha Berlin are true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom