• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Everton vs Arsenal | Saturday 21st December | KO: 12:30 | BT Sport

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It was a poor spectacle and Everton were shocking and undoubtedly there for the taking, but I saw an Arsenal team playing for their shirts with pride today, which made a decent change.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Did we get lucky with a VAR decision today? Many of my friends say that Willock handball should've been a penalty. Personally i didnt make much of it. Looked like it was chest height.

NO.

What's really disgusting about VAR are aweful decisions including giving too many offside calls when we should still consider tough decisions to be onside.

That ****ing handball bullshit that has heated up over a decade now is annoying me big time.
Never understood why we even changed the rules back in the days when nobody really had a problem except for one game where people have felt treated badly and made it all worse.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Also how that possible that Everton had zero shots on target? Shows you when you work as team things can improve our players just refusing to do it

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Also how that possible that Everton had zero shots on target? Shows you when you work as team things can improve our players just refusing to do it
In a pretty makeshift backline too. Luiz was a bit clownish at the start but grew into the game, Chambers was solid for most of the game till the last 5-10 mins or so, and AMN and Saka - a midfielder and a winger, respectively - both had very good, solid showings.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Time to get rid. You can't blame emery for Özil behavior

I think Emery did the right thing in keeping him out, it was only when he became desperate that he bought him back. I don't think Arteta will stand for his childish behaviour, well done to Freddie for not only talking to Özil about his behaviour but also going public. Too many Özil fans think he's the victim, he's not, he's a player in decline!

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
In a pretty makeshift backline too. Luiz was a bit clownish at the start but grew into the game, Chambers was solid for most of the game till the last 5-10 mins or so, and AMN and Saka - a midfielder and a winger, respectively - both had very good, solid showings.
Its important to work as unit in this difficult period hopefully we keep doing so

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I think Emery did the right thing in keeping him out, it was only when he became desperate that he bought him back. I don't think Arteta will stand for his childish behaviour, well done to Freddie for not only talking to Özil about his behaviour but also going public. Too many Özil fans think he's the victim, he's not, he's a player in decline!
Emery got let down by his own players its became clear our players aren't performing they not working as team unai also had his own fault and his personality weak

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
They'll need to stop defend him and look at reality he is not performing at level he was doing few years ago he getting old too
we need to see him play in one game after a couple of weeks of training under Arteta before writing him off entirely

after seeing Xhaka and Torreira today, both apparently wanting out, there may be some hope of redemption for Özil and others

CJJ

Established Member
Biggest mystery was why Pepe didn’t get a look in.
I honestly think Ljungberg thought it wasnt the right time for a risky dribbler (which Pepe is).
The game was so tight at the end, a wrong transition could've been dangerous.
You can say it was too pragmatic, i honestly was glad we didn't risk everything and settled with a point.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Peoe and Laca starting and we would have beaten them.

What have we got to loose by not going all out at this stage?

Freddie way too cautious.

WiscoGooner8

This is the kinda game that would have Emery creaming his pants. A 0-0 draw with no attack whatsoever.

The defense was pretty good actually, especially with who we had in there. However, the attack was abysmal. Every player slowed us down with either bad first touches, poor passing, etc. There wasn’t an ounce of creativity from the midfield onwards. ESR, Auba were invisible, Reiss and Gabriel had a couple flashes, but that was it. We don’t have a single player that can take over a game and control the tempo or attack. We didn’t have a single player willing and able to dribble at a defender and beat him. Pepe can be that guy, but Mikel will have to coach him to be more direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom