• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Everton vs Arsenal | Saturday 21st December | KO: 12:30 | BT Sport

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We done that many times this season but our senior players not seem to give a f**k being benched by teenage players

I don't think it's to get them to care. If they don't care then nothings going to make them just get rid.

Going forward, our philosophy should be:

Only players that actually give a sh*t get to play for our magnificent club

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't think it's to get them to care. If they don't care then nothings going to make them just get rid.

Going forward, our philosophy should be:

Only players that actually give a sh*t get to play for our magnificent club
Yes look how many times we played saka Nelson willock in place of laca Özil etc.. But they seem don't care they comeback and still not preform

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

No no, you didn’t just support the manager, you threw insults at other users who were giving proof of Emery being terrible, just like you’re doing now. So you’ve been proven wrong once and still arrogantly tell people to stop “trolling” just because you disagree? Don’t be a pompous ass.

Chelsea are the only other top club in the PL who are having a “youth project”, so how much of an achievement is it to be behind the only competition? It’s the damn truth no matter how much it hurts.

This can change however, if Edu/Raul recognize this and work on acquiring new talent from outside.

No I didn't, be free to quote those and show us if you claim such things (link too to show the whole context). Otherwise its just a trolling person trying to divert attention. Look at who is throwing insults non-stop, tip: its the man in the mirror if you have one. Try not to turn into stone.

The whole point from the beginning was that you suggested we should ditch our youth (apart from Martinelli, which I agree has been great) and find better ones from outside. All this apparently because Chelsea might be the only club in EPL ahead of us in youth project.

Great thinking man.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yes look how many times we played saka Nelson willock in place of laca Özil etc.. But they seem don't care they comeback and still not preform

Yeah. The problem is they were let back in more than once.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Anyone ****ting on our young players must remind themselves they are playing in a disjointed team for a club in serious turmoil. Currently led by an assistant manager with no experienced or staff. Half of them playing out of position. We have senior players that are scared to receive a ball in a game to lead them by example. This is not where young talent thrives.

I'll judge them when we are a proper football club.
Pin this post.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
No I didn't, be free to quote those and show us if you claim such things (link too to show the whole context). Otherwise its just a trolling person trying to divert attention. Look at who is throwing insults non-stop, tip: its the man in the mirror if you have one. Try not to turn into stone.

The whole point from the beginning was that you suggested we should ditch our youth (apart from Martinelli, which I agree has been great) and find better ones from outside. All this apparently because Chelsea might be the only club in EPL ahead of us in youth project.

Great thinking man.
You want me to quote your entire post history? All you did last year was defend Emery to the death to the point that you threw insults like this with no provocation:

gNbNhDc_d.jpg

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/mesut-Özil-2019-20-performances.33848/page-57#post-4932371

I’d suggest being more humble in the future and avoid the word “trolling” if someone offers an opinion. Notice how you called it “trolling” in that thread as well even though I was right.

And what is wrong with suggesting that we get better younger players? Would you provide some arguments instead of talking about “trolling”?

WiscoGooner8

Yes, but:

ESR: 19 year old winger
Nelson: 20 year old winger
Martinelli: 18 year old striker

They're super young and none of them are actually CMs, so are you really surprised?
I didn’t say they were CMs. I said from the midfield onwards, meaning midfield and attackers didn’t create anything. I didn’t mean to attack any of them specifically, just to say that to play them all at once right now isn’t going to lead to much. Seems like we need one stud pulling the strings at least. Whether that’s a CM or winger who can really change the game. In reality we need 2-3 CM, a left winger, 2 CB and due to injuries a short term solution at fullback (Saka and AMN could be enough IMO).

WiscoGooner8

Only watched the first 65 minutes of the game. That was as solid we've been defensively all season. The first 20 minutes in the 2nd half I thought we looked threatening. But in my opinion, Emery's influence is still very much there in this team. The constant refusal to play vertical line-breaking passes and instead choosing safe recycling of possession needs to be coached out of the club by Arteta. No idea if he can do that with this group of players, but it's the way forward.
Agreed I don’t recall seeing more than 1-2 through balls played today. All safe, recycled possession.

drippin

You want me to quote your entire post history? All you did last year was defend Emery to the death to the point that you threw insults like this with no provocation:

gNbNhDc_d.jpg

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/mesut-Özil-2019-20-performances.33848/page-57#post-4932371

I’d suggest being more humble in the future and avoid the word “trolling” if someone offers an opinion. Notice how you called it “trolling” in that thread as well even though I was right.

And what is wrong with suggesting that we get better younger players? Would you provide some arguments instead of talking about “trolling”?

Yes, that was the only instance I name-called (unlike what you claimed), but like I said better to look at the whole context which resulted in that. You name-called others so it was coming to you at some point anyway. Also it was too funny not to say it.

Nothing wrong with getting better young players. Just in how silly way you put it out, trying clearly to provoke which is trolling.

We can keep trusting in our youth and they will have better chance to show their qualities in due time. Having good experience already.

No need to buy expensive youth so our academy players have no chance to show if they are up to it. "Martinelli's" won't choose Arsenal very often nowadays nor are cheap usually, we got lucky.

Last edited:

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Yes, that was the only instance I name-called, but like I said better to look at the whole context which resulted in that. You name-called others so it was coming to you at some point anyway.

Nothing wrong with getting better young players. Just in how silly way you put it out, trying clearly to provoke which is trolling.

We can keep trusting in our youth and they will have better chance to show their qualities in due time. Having good experience already.

No need to buy expensive youth so our academy players have no chance to show if they are up to it. "Martinelli's" won't choose Arsenal very often nor are cheap.
Thank you for actually responding without accusing someone of trolling or without throwing insults. Although you still did. Unbelievable.

I’ve seen enough of AMN to know that he will never ever be a top player. Nelson is just a hype job, he has done nothing to deserve the game time he has gotten at a big club like ours. Maybe he can become a top player but he should prove himself somewhere on loan. ESR is an incredible talent but injuries are ruining him. Saka has some potential but not good enough to go crazy about. There are many more talents out there, I don’t see why we it’s such a taboo conversation the thought that we can do better. We absolutely can. The project doesn’t end with them, just as it didn’t end with our previous youth projects that failed.

Gunner-Union

I didn’t say they were CMs. I said from the midfield onwards, meaning midfield and attackers didn’t create anything. I didn’t mean to attack any of them specifically, just to say that to play them all at once right now isn’t going to lead to much. Seems like we need one stud pulling the strings at least. Whether that’s a CM or winger who can really change the game. In reality we need 2-3 CM, a left winger, 2 CB and due to injuries a short term solution at fullback (Saka and AMN could be enough IMO).

Def need a cb to partner we saliba ( hope he comes good) and min 2 cm who can attack and put a shift in defensively and a winger and that’s just for starting 11

drippin

Just read today this was our youngest starting line up since the one against Fulham 2011

I counted 23.64 years average during the match. 0-0 away against Everton who had just won Chelsea and got a draw at OT is not bad in our current tumultuous situation. Very interesting to see what Arteta can do with the young team.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I counted 23.64 years average during the match. 0-0 away against Everton who had just won Chelsea and got a draw at OT is not bad in our current tumultuous situation. Very interesting to see what Arteta can do with the young team.
The defensive work-rate and intensity was a good launchpad. They proved they can do it at least, and organize to a just-about-adequate standard. Obviously surgery is still needed but there was much to work with. I thought the willingness to work on and off the ball from the young attackers was also very good, although they had issues making things happen on the ball. I too am very intrigued to see how Arteta can shape the young team, particularly the attack.

drippin

The defensive work-rate and intensity was a good launchpad. They proved they can do it at least, and organize to a just-about-adequate standard. Obviously surgery is still needed but there was much to work with. I thought the willingness to work on and off the ball from the young attackers was also very good, although they had issues making things happen on the ball. I too am very intrigued to see how Arteta can shape the young team, particularly the attack.

Yeah, we didn't get overrun which is some kind of progress. More so with such a young team.

They already have good experience so Arteta can surely build on that. No way we can rule any of them out yet, many have showed good glimpses. Saka & Martinelli the most. Nelson maybe the least considering the expectations, but we need a good platform first.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, we didn't get overrun which is some kind of progress. More so with such a young team.

They already have good experience so Arteta can surely build on that. No way we can rule any of them out yet, many have showed good glimpses. Saka & Martinelli the most. Nelson maybe the least considering the expectations, but we need a good platform first.
Agree, particularly on Nelson. Nelson was such a starlet at youth level, consistently performing well above his age group - scored and assisted for the U23s on his 16th birthday and made his debut for them & the U19s before that. He was and is legit. There just seems to be a plateau that he's hit that he now needs to pass through. He's second guessing himself in the big moments, while doing just well enough in the little moments that he doesn't look bad. That said, there's already a narrative now that he's sh*t and people are already running down the road with it. Now that perception exists, he has to now battle not just his own insecurities on the field facing adult defenders, but now his own fanbase turning on him like they have done on a few of our young players (Iwobi comes to mind immediately, and AMN too).

My hope is that Arteta can be the one to just remind him of how great he can be, and strap the rocket onto him.

Polar Bear

There are no positives, I think some of you are just trying to convince yourself. The game was beyond horrific, I couldn't believe how bad it was, it was many many many levels below San Marino vs Andorra, no one could even do a 5 yard pass correctly on both sides, there were about 82,000 throw ins, a throw in every 15 seconds, it was scary to even watch to be honest. Shameful stuff.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

We have a step mountain to climb as a club. Today wasn't much to get excited about, but at least it was a point and God knows we need everyone of those. Hopefully Arteta and his new staff can start turning this ship around. With a bit of offloading and some new blood in January we can start.

At least the first 2 minutes looked good...

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
So it turns out that David Luiz is actually quite a decent CB, as long as you don't partner him with either Mustafi or Sokratis.

Who would've thought of that :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom