• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Vibra

Established Member
I'm out of touch with all the wonderkids out there these days, is there a 22 year old Gilberto Silva regen out there? Maybe with Cesc's vision? Let's get that guy. An upgrade on Xhaka would do us a world of good

Malky

Established Member
One injury away from Martinez, who's crap.
But people on here think he's a massive prospect, despite being the same age as Leno, with nothing more than a few good performances for Reading to show for it.
Massive drop in quality if we lost Leno to injury, but unfortunately we've got so many holes in the squad needing fixed first.

Newchange

Leaders needed in this team

Leno

Bellerin. Marquinhos. Mings. Tierney

Fernandinho

Grielish. Guendouzi

A.Traore. Lacazette. Martinelli

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
We should have a look at James ward prowse at Southampton. Fantastic set piece delivery and free kicks, good work rate and knows the Premier league. Scores goals on a much more regular basis than any of our mids. Meant to be a great lad as well and a leader. Cantwell at Norwich and doucoure at Watford would be good options as well. We need players who are premier league ready at this point as well as leaders. Not risky signings from abroad, who may be neither of those things.

roz

Fake News Merchant
We should have a look at James ward prowse at Southampton. Fantastic set piece delivery and free kicks, good work rate and knows the Premier league. Scores goals on a much more regular basis than any of our mids. Meant to be a great lad as well and a leader. Cantwell at Norwich and doucoure at Watford would be good options as well. We need players who are premier league ready at this point as well as leaders. Not risky signings from abroad, who may be neither of those things.
Would love Cantwell. Fantastic player.
Doucoure too hit n miss for my liking.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Would love Cantwell. Fantastic player.
Doucoure too hit n miss for my liking.
Yeah I've liked what Ive seen of him and as I say he's proven himself in the league, looked great against us and played our midfielders (or whatever they are) off the park. What dyou think of ward prowse?

roz

Fake News Merchant
Yeah I've liked what Ive seen of him and as I say he's proven himself in the league, looked great against us and played our midfielders (or whatever they are) off the park. What dyou think of ward prowse?
Really underrated player, mental to think he's been around for 5 or so years. Think he could be a really decent player for us actually. Versatile and tough for his size, would improve us no doubt but would be slightly concerned as to whether he’d ever be able to take us up a level e.g champions league.
Would take both him and Cantwell for sure, though neither would inspire the rest of AM :lol:

Goonger

Yeah, recently. No idea though if he's better than what we have.

Im not going to pretend to say I've watched him loads, he's only just started playing regularly for Villareal this season after been out on loan at Malaga last season but supposedly we took notice even when playing for Malaga.

He recently got called up to the Spain squad so he's had a bit of a quick rise, but also suggests how highly he's rated. Someone might correct me if I'm wrong, but he seems to be in similar style to Laporte ie a left footed ball playing centre half. He's the same height as Laporte, maybe just a bit of a slighter build, he might offer good balance as a partnership to Saliba.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Apparently Isco is available. I'd love Isco here. If that means Isco plus money for Aubaneyang then do it. We need to go back to controlling the ball, so imagine having the likes of Isco and Ceballos in there. Isco is the player, Özil can no longer be for us.

I'd be upset if Chelsea managed to get him.

----------Torreria--------Ceballos----------
---Pepe-----------Isco---------------Zaha----
-------------------Lacazette--------------------

I'm weak.

ChefMan21

I like the look of that. I think we for sure need someone like Dayot in back. I’m sure we will be looking for our “Fernandinho or Rodri”, so Zakaria, Partey, Tonali or Florentino would be good. Could use a “modern CAM/CM” such as Havertz (pipe dream), Aouar (also probably pipe dream), Dani Olmo, Phil Foden. I think one of those 4 at each CM spot paired with Torreira could be great balance. Not sure a single one of those guys is available in January, with the exception of Foden (although apparently our future dealings with City are ruined). If Auba wants to leave, try to get Jovic or another young exciting striker.
Tonali would be a dream DM option for me. Whenever I've watched him play (which is admittedly rare) I swear I'm watching a young Pirlo. Just some of those defence splitting passes blow me away, especially the ones from deep. Some highlights here:
He's a dream because 1) I think he'd provide a genuinely creative link between defence and attack and 2) my preference to have two big bodies in central midfield as a 'defensive wall' (wishlist is Milinkovic-Savic and Berge).

Latest posts+

Top Bottom