• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Xhaka is a good player and worth £40m in today’s market.

Everton was the first game this season that I actually thought he was really good. Barely put a foot wrong. However his lack of mobility and defensive awareness, coupled with his rashness in tackling will always cost us.

We absolutely can not turn down €45 million for this guy with all his limitations. If we add a little money to that we could seriously upgrade our midfield. That is if our top targets even want to come here..

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
The transfer looks imminent though, wonder who are we going to buy in January to replace him, no decent links so far

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Is kicker reliable?

If he is determined to go then the earlier it gets done in the window the better.

TornadoTed

Established Member
If we could recoup anywhere above the 65 Million Euros we paid for Xhaka and Torreira I would be delighted. Both are decent players but I'm not convinced either are right for us or the Premier League.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we could recoup anywhere above the 65 Million Euros we paid for Xhaka and Torreira I would be delighted. Both are decent players but I'm not convinced either are right for us or the Premier League.
Torreira have good ability to be very useful DM. Xhaka well he been here 3 and half years and we didn't see any improvement

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Torreira have good ability to be very useful DM. Xhaka well he been here 3 and half years and we didn't see any improvement

Torreira just needs to be deployed as a defensive midfielder like he was in Sampdoria. He's more of a ball-winner than a playmaker. He's really good at reading the play and anticipating the ball. If played to his strengths, he can be a big success.

Xhaka, I just don't know. He has sone fine qualities, but he's not very mobile and he's too prone to stupid mistakes. If Arsenal can get a decent fee, I'd wish him the best of luck and see him off.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Torreira just needs to be deployed as a defensive midfielder like he was in Sampdoria. He's more of a ball-winner than a playmaker. He's really good at reading the play and anticipating the ball. If played to his strengths, he can be a big success.

Xhaka, I just don't know. He has sone fine qualities, but he's not very mobile and he's too prone to stupid mistakes. If Arsenal can get a decent fee, I'd wish him the best of luck and see him off.
Yes using him as in advanced role did really affect him. He is ball winner as you said

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Think Torreira's performances really haven't been helped by all the change around him and the push for him to play in a position he's ill suited to. Still have high hopes for him.

For anyone who watched Xhaka at previous clubs or for his country he is a leader and is quality player. Hasn't worked out here but suspect he will succeed elsewhere.

In the latter Wenger years and under Emery we really lost our structure and our direction. Some players thrive in chaos, some don't. Doesn't necessarily mean they are ****, just the wrong person at the wrong time.

Will be interesting to see how we replace as not alot of experience these days in midfield. Curious if Luiz will start to be played there alongside Torreira.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom