• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Its a pretty undersized midfield without Xhaka. I could see Lucas being the fall guy at DM.

Just look at the City central three vs us. Quality on the ball but also some 1.80-1.90m & 70-80kg units. Get the feeling Arteta wants us to compete in every aspect.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Its a pretty undersized midfield without Xhaka. I could see Lucas being the fall guy at DM.

Just look at the City central three vs us. Quality on the ball but also some 1.80-1.90m & 70-80kg units. Get the feeling Arteta wants us to compete in every aspect.

They just played a midfield of Bernardo Silva, De Bruyne and Gündogan. Not exactly midfield powerhouses.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

You don't need to be 6'2 to be dominate DM look at Kante the guy so short but he powerhouse its just about getting the right system and Balance. Xhaka is 6'1 but he not strong with ball and slow

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
You don't need to be 6'2 to be dominate DM look at Kante the guy so short but he powerhouse its just about getting the right system and Balance. Xhaka is 6'1 but he not strong with ball and slow

They just played a midfield of Bernardo Silva, De Bruyne and Gündogan. Not exactly midfield powerhouses.
Both Bruyne and Gündogan 180+ with that big ass / thighs & fridge torso going on. In the defensive & central positions they have a similar profile to Mourinhos first Chelsea team.

Kante is exceptional in every aspect. Lucas could be easily upgraded game wise & physically.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Will be interesting to see how we replace as not alot of experience these days in midfield. Curious if Luiz will start to be played there alongside Torreira.

I was thinking about that myself. Once Holding is fit and up to speed, he could be slotted in alongside Chambers or Sokratis. Luiz actually played very well as a defensive midfielder under Rafa and Mourinho, although his appearances there were relatively limited.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head

He has size in height but don't get the feeling he has much in the way of muscle. The way he often goes to ground betrays the fact that he is actually very lightweight and not prepared/able to tough it out on his feet and too slow to react as well. Not a good combination for English football.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Wasn't Xhaka linked to Atletico and Inter in the summer? Hopefully a few other clubs come in for him to drive the price up to closer to 40m. I'm surprised Monchengladbach aren't back in.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Captain at two clubs and his national team.
BuT He iSn't a lEaDeR BeCaUsE He's sLoW

Xhaka acts like a leader, and has been able to trick his way into captaincy in teams that lack an actual leader with substance.

A leader is expected to be assertive (with substance) and tough. Xhaka mistakes that for recklessness and temperament. A common mistake among many people, mind you.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Xhaka acts like a leader, and has been able to trick his way into captaincy in teams that lack an actual leader with substance.

A leader is expected to be assertive (with substance) and tough. Xhaka mistakes that for recklessness and temperament. A common mistake among many people, mind you.

In my opinion Xhaka is no leader, he had a bit of trouble with the fans (rightly or wrongly) and wants out, there has been rumours of Xhaka wanting out since the day after it happened, leaders dont just bail at first sign of trouble, especially to sign for lesser clubs.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The only outgoing transfer I actually care about. Twits like Mustafi & Kolasinac will be shipped on by Arteta, of that I have no doubt. It's this calamitous imbecile I want shifted.

Gift wrap & send him to Berlin with love from Arsenal & bring in a midfielder with a brain cell count greater than 7.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

True. This is something many people don't understand. They see his upright demeanour and misunderstand that for being assertive and tough. He basically hides from the ball and trembles when someone tries to press him. There is not fight in him. Being tall and muscular doesn't make him tough. There is a mental aspect to it which he totally lacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom